Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gleaning the Vendors


  Today   after the sun  came out and  melted and  dried up the snow,   I  felt  I needed  a    bit of consignment shopping  .. I just  felt  there was something   out there with my name on it....    and I  wasnt  disappointed... I  love  exploring all the vendors, gleaning   the   offerings  for  just the right treasures....
 My favrite   shop is  Buy the Season!
 This is the  back room....    barely heated   but always worth a  stroll through!!!!  I  bought my  favorite cloche  in there...

 .
I found   this   beautiful  Wood and Son's  English  pottery   plate  for  $3.50.




 As you  may glimpse over on the wall  I love to collect  various    transferware patterns and mix and match  on  table scapes....  I have a red, blue, and black collection. I  have  very  few serving pieces in blue and  I   loved this  Mason   Ironstone  Blue and White  by  Crabtree Evelyn of London for  $6.25.
   I  have been looking for  a  blue and  white  planter for some time...   I  dont know the maker of this   but for  9 dollars  I was   ecstatic!
 On one of the  clearance tables I found this   fabulous  Villeroy Boch  plate...  Made in Luxenbourg...   I thought it    would  be gorgoeus  as a  wall plate  when  I am serving  my black and whites!!!
 with  and without a flash...   I love castles and this one   is magnificent!
 I paid $8   but   I  couldnt find   a comparable price online....
  Last, but certainly not least, I found this   wonderful   springy cup and saucer....
 Staffordshire Bouquet by Johnson  Brothers... of  England...   I  thought  Id  enjoy my springtime   morning  coffee and tea  in this spritely  cup, especially at only $5.00 for the  pair.


Altogether I spent $31.50   but I daresay I saved  an equal amount  if Id  purchased  these treasures   in any other  way!
Wendy at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday


Sweet and Simple Fridays   at Rooted in Thyme

Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday



Debra at Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday




Kate at Chic On A Shoestring Decorating for Flaunt It Friday

Jane at Finding Fabulous for Frugalicious Friday

4 comments:

  1. What sweet treasures you found! I especially love the blue and white dishes! sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue plate and pitcher. It looks like a great store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finds! I love them all. Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~