Thursday, March 21, 2013

It May Spring, But.....


Well, today is the   official  first full day of spring,  but there is  an icy chill in the air  even though the sun is shining...  I can  look outside  my windows and see    evidence  of the calendar, 


 Even now  the daffodils   have  fully bloomed out in all their radiant  glory,  and the crocuses   have already   gone,  
and the pansies
  photo Lancaster2012090.jpg
  are holding their own in the  up and daown   temp  changes.
I   adore the   vibrant  colors of the  flowering quince,  such an early  bloomer
come to  enliven our  desire for  spring!
and now the  forsythia is   showing off her gold!
 photo Prespringpinkandmoon027.jpg
But there  is   not one  but two threats of snow in the forecast for the next few days....  and   I am           reminded of this  shot I took last  Sunday   on a particularly cold,  rainy  day.
Too soon to get  too optimistic  about  spring's arrival,   Old Man Winter just   won't let go his grip  on  the weather, and we  dare not  put away our winter gear quite yet!
        To return to Home  and Garden  click  here!

2 comments:

  1. It's been snowing off and on all day here in my neck of the woods (Virginia). But, surely Spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pansies are marvelous - the quince is pretty large - love these beautiful blossoms of spring - I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~