Monday, April 29, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday





Visit Sandra here for more HHM!



The weather.....

 
A rather   dreary   start at 52 degrees


Right now I am....

I  am trying to get an early  start to a very full day.....  this is a day  we've been working toward   for  my parent's  sake...   a time of   much paperwork and  struggle  for Lynn and I.. pray that  all goes well    in the outcome!

Thinking.... 

It will be   so    wonderful  if  everything  we've been working toward will just  fall into  place and  things will lighten up....


On my reading pile....
I look forwrd to a time when I will have time to read   but  when I can  I   read....
Daily Bible reading... Book of Joshua
Daily devotional.. My Utmost for His Highest 


On my TV..... 
videos series Foyle's War
HGTV

Blog hopping (newly discovered blog).... 
I just discovered
Rosemary and Thyme
this  spring table

 is  just  so   lovely..,.  I immediately  knew  I had  discovered   another kindred  spirit..
On the menu for this week.... 

Monday: spaghetti

Tuesday: chicken salad

Wednesday: country fried steak

Thursday:  laoded potato  and salad

Friday: crab cakes

On my to do list....

laundry
knitting class
errands
clean house Yikes it is out of control    in some places
mid week services
National day of Prayer 
Bible study

In the craft basket.... 
knitting projects 

Looking forward to this week....
Just   getting beyond  the  hub bub  of   my parent's financial   matters and   be able to  just   have a normal day here at home!!!I love my parents dearly, but having  both of them in  separate nursing   facilities and   selling their home, and   being their power of  attorney  takes its toll on me!!!

Looking around the house.... 

I am happiest   when the lilacs are blooming....  aside from  hydrangeas they are my favorite    because I    love their   sweet  fragrance so much!!!


From the camera.... 

I love looking out   my studio window!

On my prayer list..... 
Our family, parents, daughter *, son-in law, 
Our church, and church family 
our nation, leaders, 
Israel and the Middle East 
Bible verse, Devotional:


from   This I DO

a blogging pastor  from London
Are you going through a hard time at the moment? You’re not alone! Things were so bad in Israel that when Jeremiah wrote one of the books of the Bible he called it Lamentations. In a positive-thinking, feel-good world, that’s not exactly a best-selling title. Jeremiah describes God’s people as a ‘widow’ and a ‘slave,’ and says, ‘All her friends have dealt treacherously with her; they have become her enemies’ (Lamentations 1:2 NKJV). As you move through the book verse by verse, things just keep going from bad to worse as God’s people reap what they have sown. Then suddenly in the middle of all his lamenting, when you think things can’t get any worse, Jeremiah writes, ‘Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness’ (Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV). Isn’t that wonderful?



God’s love, compassion and faithfulness have been placed in an account that cannot be overdrawn, that you don’t have to contribute to, and that’ll last as long as you live. In a world that doesn’t seem to care, where only the fittest survive, that’s good to know. Next time somebody says to you, ‘What’s new?’ tell them, ‘God’s love, compassion, and faithful never fail!"
and  this  power  scripture  my precious daughter  sent to me  this morning.,  from  Matthew  6


25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


1 comment:

  1. You have a busy week! May God bless you with wisdom and energy as you face some difficult decisions. I love your beautiful flowering trees!

    LaDonna
    Gracious Hospitality

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~