Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday

Today I am joining HHM

The weather outside is::::
is mostly cloudy with  mild temperatures  but  high humidity.. showers tonight!


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
I just finished my greek yogurt with fresh  strawberries, blueberries banana, and  granola...  Thanks to my Sweetheart!
And my first cup of coffee! 

As I look outside my window:::
everything is  beautifully lush and  fresh

 and the  hydrangeas  are   popping out all over!  yayayayayaya

Right now I am::::
Enjoying listening to  Bible teaching and  hymns on  the radio as I  type up this post.  
"God will take care of you!!!"

As I look around the house::::
I  see  the guest room piled high with drawers from Hub's dresser and  all the lose items from our bedroom  stacked everywhere.. we are in the midst of  prepping the walls for painting today!  I can not wait to get the painting done!

This is my view to the right.....
I  am looking right into the sunroom..  Lots of  bright light  in there for a cloudy day!  Whew!!


And right in front of me.....


To the left of me:
Looking into the dining room...

On today's to do list::::
Laundry....I have  whites to do today!
Cleaning....Today we are washing the walls and woodwork in the bedroom
In the living room.... This week we do need to vaccuum the living room and  today I need to   Swiff the floors!

Currently reading::::
A trilogy of  Irish historical novels...more about those in another post!

On the TV today::::
Since the bedroom tv is  non opertional  probably nothing.. Hubs  has taken over the den tv!

On the menu this week:::
Remembering those who have passed on today....years ago we would have  spent a lot of tkime preparing flower baskets for graves...  today  I am  thinking of great memories in their honor.
End of  season church dinner this week   for summer... last time for a while to socialize with  church friends
Choir~practicing for the fourth of July  celebration
Family Reunion picnic  
I am taking Strawberry pretzel salad and  
crock pot mac and cheese

What I am creating at the moment::::
decorative  design for our  master bedroom

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
New to me....
I have always wanted to make this  but  never   have  but it is a favorite  whenever others bring it!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad

2 cups finely crushed pretzels
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 8 ounce container frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
2 10 ounce package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
2 3 ounce package strawberry-flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water

Steps
1. 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine crushed pretzels and the 1/3 cup sugar. Add melted butter and stir well to combine. Press onto bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
2. 
In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and 1 cup sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined. Fold in the whipped dessert topping until combined. Spread over cooled crust.
3. 
In another large bowl combine strawberries and syrup, gelatin, and boiling water. Stir for 2 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved. Carefully pour over the cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set or up to 24 hours.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
A salute to  America and all those who served on Memorial Day.

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::




1 comment:

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~