Monday, May 16, 2016

The Simple Woman Daybook

For Today~ May 17, 2016


I actually stepped outside the back door  because the screen is so   diverting....
I am loving the dynamic contrast of the yarrow against the  beautiful blue salvia..  and since these are perennials they will always  charm  me!
 Little  Sprinkles, the  bear  is all set to  measure  the rain we are sure to get this week!!!

!


I am thinking
I love the rain.....   but  hoping it will  do its bit and be  finished by the weekend...  this is a rather important weekend for us!!!!

I am thankful
for the many blessings  that we  experience along the way that we are even unaware of...  God is faithful and good!


One of my favorite things
connections  through the many groups on face book.... for example  my elementary school is having a reunion this Saturday.. everyone from the old neighbor is invited..  to a picnic.. I am reconnecting with  Vickie,, my best friend I walked to school with.  I haven't seen her in years...  she and her husband live  about an hour away... I cant wait to see her!!!Rain..rain go away!!!
Here we are in first grade!!!
Vickie is in the first row and I am in the second row!!!

 am wearing
a plum sweatshirt and jeans..  it is rather  coolish here today!

I am creating
nothing this week

I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to

{where you can share favorite titles, give a book review or pass along a current movie, podcast, music video, or television series you are enjoying}
I don't have a current film to  pass along.,  but on Netflix we did watch  the Rail Way Man

a review from Rotten Tomatoes
Based on the remarkable bestselling autobiography, THE RAILWAY MAN tells the extraordinary and epic true story of Eric Lomax (Colin Firth), a British Army officer who is tormented as a prisoner of war at a Japanese labor camp during World War II. Decades later, Lomax and his beautiful love interest Patti (Nicole Kidman) discover that the Japanese interpreter responsible for much of his treatment is still alive and set out to confront him, and his haunting past, in this powerful and inspiring tale of heroism, humanity and the redeeming power of love. (c) Weinstein

Rating: R (for disturbing prisoner of war violence)



I must say I  despise violence..  and this  violence is somewhat horrid inferring the violence of a  Japanese  POW camp...  but it isn't gratuitous and  the  film is worth  enduring what violence there is....  if I could stand it  I would think you could if this film  appeals to you.  It is one of the best films Ive seen in a while!!! 
I am hoping
that Hubs can get the garage eaves   painted this week... what with the  frequent and sporadic rain over the past few weeks this task has taken  some time...  can't get  other jobs done until this is completed...

I am learning

to  be less vocal  about my  concerns    in various  situations....  because it does absolutely no good to  voice  my opinion anyway...Believe me...  there is much more to this than I  can share... but  learning to  just  be quiet is a great endeavor for me!!!

In my kitchen
I baked a huge pan of baked beans to take to a funeral reception   for  one of the  oldest members of our church...  it  helped to warm up our kitchen as  the pilot light is off of our furnace and  our furnace man is out of town... brrrr! Thank goodness for ceramic heaters  that are on  next to me right now! hehhehe

In my garden
We shopped at Home Depot and  a farmer's market Saturday and I have  several items to plant!!!


Post Script
Never take anything for granted...  time is short!

Shared Quote


A moment from my day
Getting a huge kick out of my  sweet 2 year old  granddaughter, Birdie,,, on face time..This morning  I told her I was  enjoying some booberries  for breakfast...  she said,  ":  You eating cereal, Gaa Gaa!!? I said no, yogurt...  and turned to her mother and said.. "Can she give me some too!!!"  AW  I wish I could!!

Closing Notes:
Stay close to God at all times...  and in attitude of supplication, make your requests known to  God.. we have not because we ask not!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~