Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
1. What's something fun you're looking forward to on your May calendar?
Hubs just ordered VIP tickets to the airshow featuring the Blue Angels... I am so excited!!
2. What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother?
I think of working outside in the yard, planting flower gardens, hanging the clothes on the line, watching mom work hard in the kitchen both at cooking and putting food up in cans. Or sewing most of my school clothes even all the way through college. She loved to pack up picnic dinners to take up on the parkway in the autumn with friends and family.
I remember her popping up huge bowls of pop corn and jugs of lemonade to pile in the car to go to the drive in movie on hot summer nights. She worked and played hard in our life together..
On summer evenings she loved to play the piano by ear... or I'd sit by her side and sing hymns as she played.. we'd sing all the way through the songbook. She was known as the best cook in the family and our home though modest was always cheery and welcoming! Those were the days!!
3. What's something beautiful you own or have seen that's made of glass?
At this time I am very enamored of mercury glass and really love the goblet shaped glass candle holders I purchased at Michael's.. well, they are my new favorite color!
4. Was today typical? If not what made it unusual?
Well, because it is soon to be Mother's Day, this morning Hubs treated me to breakfast out then a drive to a couple of greenhouses looking for the perfect geranium baskets at the perfect price. hehehe... Along the way he replaced my new hydrangea that I was so proud of that was nibbled to the ground by deer... shame on those silly ole deer... we need a deer ordinance...
5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of?
Ambition and energy
6. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen in the month of May? Since their bathroom looks right onto the outside deck we are
planning on purchasing plantation shutters for our daughter's bathroom for a house warming gift this summer.
7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an
I didn't really enjoy writing as a student. It wasn't until I was teaching writing in upper elementary school that I learned the real mechanics and a love of writing. It has served me well as an adult.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our daughter is working overtime to talk Hubs and I into flying to see them on our next visit..ok, it is a 12 hour drive opposed to a 90 minute flight. And flying is actually cheaper since we always stay over night midway. But we just aren't into flying that much..I guess that means we are old fogeys, but the stamina it takes to discuss our wishes almost makes relenting worth the stress. hahah As you can see this is pretty random and hardly with bringing up.. If Sweetum reads this she will roll her eyes!!