Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hodge Podge Wednesday



Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
1. What's something fun you're looking forward to on your May calendar? 
Hubs  just ordered  VIP tickets to the airshow featuring  the Blue Angels...  I am so excited!!
Blue Angels file photo

2. What are some images that come to mind when you hear the word mother?
I think of working outside in the yard, planting flower gardens,  hanging the clothes on the line,  watching mom work hard in the kitchen both at cooking and putting food up in cans.  Or sewing  most of my school clothes even all the way through college.  She loved to pack up picnic dinners to take up on the parkway  in the autumn with friends and family. 
I remember her popping up  huge bowls of pop corn and  jugs of lemonade   to  pile in the car  to go to  the drive in movie on hot summer nights.  She worked and played hard in our life together..
On summer evenings she loved to play the piano by ear...  or  I'd sit by her side and sing hymns as she played.. we'd sing all the way through the songbook. She was known as the best cook  in the family  and our home though modest  was  always  cheery and welcoming!  Those were the days!!

3. What's something beautiful you own or have seen that's made of glass? 
At this time I  am very enamored of mercury glass and really  love the goblet shaped glass candle holders I purchased at Michael's.. well, they are my new favorite color!

4. Was today typical? If not what made it unusual? 
Well, because it is soon to be Mother's Day, this morning Hubs treated me to breakfast out  then a drive  to a couple of greenhouses looking for the perfect  geranium baskets at the perfect price. hehehe... Along the way he replaced  my  new  hydrangea  that I was so proud of that was  nibbled to the ground by deer...  shame on those    silly  ole deer...  we need a deer ordinance...

5. What is a quality you wish you could have more of?
Ambition and  energy


6. What's the next major purchase you need to make? Will it happen in the month of May?  Since  their bathroom looks right onto the  outside deck we are  
planning on purchasing  plantation shutters for  our daughter's  bathroom  for a house warming gift  this summer.
reasonable facsimilie
7. What responsibility/job/work did you dislike while growing up but has proved helpful to you as an 

adult?
I didn't really enjoy writing as a student. It wasn't until I was teaching writing  in  upper elementary school that I learned the real mechanics  and  a love of writing.  It has served me well as an adult.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Our daughter is working overtime to talk Hubs and I into flying to see them on our next visit..ok, it is a 12 hour drive opposed to a 90 minute flight.  And flying is actually cheaper since we always  stay over night  midway.  But  we just aren't into flying that much..I guess that  means we are old fogeys,  but the  stamina it takes to  discuss  our wishes almost  makes  relenting worth the stress.  hahah  As you can see this is pretty random  and hardly with bringing up.. If Sweetum  reads this she will roll her eyes!!


2 comments:

  1. i refuse to let you become old fogeys (yet!!!!), but you can drive if you want to, ha.

    sweeeeet memories of mj, i miss her.
    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~