Wednesday, May 25, 2016

HodgePodge Wednesday


1. How should success be measured? Using that as your standard, who is the most successful person you know? (or one of the most successful?)
I have  several  friends and family members  who by the world's standard would be considered very successful..  CEOs  making  loads of money, travelling the world, offices in foreign cities,  and living the 'good' life. But that is not my standard for successful living.
I have learned over the years of my life  and as a Christian that success isnt measured by  the things of this world,  but  it is  spiritually discerned. I am reminded of   Matthew 16:26  that says " For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul? "
I  think this because  so many of these  well  to do "successful' people  put their  faith on the back burner of their lives  saying  " Religion is for those who can't of their own initiative.. But I don't need it. I dont have time for it..  maybe,  sometime, but not now!" So  my standard of successful living is in everything you do,  do to the best of your ability  giving  God ,the Creator  who gave you  everything  that enables you to do anything,  the glory  and  live your life as the salt and the light of the world that others might see Christ in you! Temper everything with love and mercy, forebearing with one another and seeking to  think more highly of others than yourself. 


2. Have you ever been to a hot air balloon launch/fest/party? Ever taken a ride in a hot air balloon? Is that on your bucket list? According to Frommers the ten best hot air balloon adventures in the world are-
Loire Valley (France), the Serengeti (Tanzania), Napa Valley (California), Lake Champlain (Vermont), Cappadoicia (Turkey), Istria (Croatia), Gstaad (Switzerland), Varra Valley (Australia), Muelle (Costa Rica), and Albuquerque (New Mexico)
Which one on the list would you most like to experience? 
I have been to  a few  hot air ballon fests..  here in our community...  I was completely mezmerized  but the beauty and  excitement of them.. The last one we went to  was over 25 years ago.. Our  daughter  was about 2 years old. I remember  the fun of chasing the balloons in our car  and  being there when the balloons were coming down all over   hubby's old neighborhood where he grew up.. How  amazing it was to see  them come down in folk's back yards..This  photo was taken a t the airport during the show....  I have no idea where  the  ones are that actually show the balloons...   But I love this photo of Hubs!!!
I would definitely love to attend  a show in 
 Gstaad,Switzerland.. how  amazingly  gorgeous would that be..

online images

3. May 25th is National Brown-Bag It Day. Did you/will you pack a lunch today? When did you last pack a lunch for someone and what are your go-to ingredients for a brown bag lunch? 
I packed many a bag  for my lunch as a teacher...  my go to  items were  peanut butter  ritz crackers,  celery sticks  with  cream cheese,   and  usually a ham sandwich.
We  pack brown bags  as  for our travel days when we go to seeour daughter ... a 12 hour drive.. We pack apples, or bananas,  Nabs, and peanuts, usually,  with bottles of water!

4. What's one of your favorite dance scenes from a movie or television show?
Mostly anything with Gene Kelly  but this one in particular!

5. John F. Kennedy made famous the line, "...Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." So what can you do for your country?
Stay informed,  know  the principles  laid out by the founding fathers  and  seek to  apply them  as I vote  and  converse with others  about the election.. Too many voters  are  completeely uninformed.. But mainly, I can pray,  do spiritual  warfare, over our nation and our leaders, our military,  the  social issues and  educational policies.

6. Weekends are made for________________________.
 Family time,  investing in their home  in activity and work,  fun, and play..  spending time  with the Lord and His word!

7. On this last Wednesday of the month bid farewell to the month of May in seven words or less. 
May, thank you for the cool  rain.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Nothing comes to mind














3 comments:

  1. I just love your answer for #1. So true! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious photo : ) I love the old Gene Kelly films too. Such a talent! Enjoy your long holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a fair amount of rain here, too, and it's been so nice! Loved your answer for #1! Enjoy the rest of your week...I'm your newest follower!:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~