Sunday, May 1, 2016

Porch Time

The pollen has all been washed away  with  the rainy spell we've just had and  it's time to    clean up the porch..when I  look for inspiration  for porch decor  I first think  how  do I want to use our porch...I would have loved to live on a tree lined street  where  neighbors  pass by  and  might even stop in to pass  an hour  over lemonade and  cookies,,,  but  alas,   we don't live on that kind of street...
 photo evdningyard012.jpg
Our neighbors  homes are  also  situated way back from the street making porches  fairly secluded  and private..and  we have no public sidewalks  so  we have more bicyclers  that  strollers!
Therefore,  we  usually  spend time on our porch to  unwind  over a  nice afternoon  cool drink of tea or Italian water,  or  we  will  enjoy  a morning or  evening  repast on the porch.
 photo springyard4-08003-2.jpg
Our porch is  on the smallish side so space is at a premium...
To maximize  it I use wrought iron instead of  overly stuffed furniture... it's airy  yet substantial quality  is perfect for our  climate.
 photo Workonfloorsandamandasbd011-1.jpg

 photo julyfourth002.jpg
So the porch is a lovely  spot for a cup of tea or  coffee depending on the  time of day!
 photo a4199a08-a1fe-4bb4-bf8e-31fdba31bd22_zpsllmljrck.jpg
or sit back and  enjoy a book or  latest edition of Tea Time magazine
 photo gardentea020.jpg
Hubs and I  love our morning brunch on the porch
 photo Springporch024.jpg

 photo Springporch032.jpg
Yum Yum!
 photo May2012003-1-1.jpg
Since we live  across from the school we  sometimes enjoy the  laughter and the squeal of the kiddies...  but sometimes  we long  for the lazy, quiet mornings of summer!
 photo Spring2012130.jpg
I am so glad that the  chaise lounge was traded  for some of mother's  chairs  prior to her  estate sale..
which made room for   my lovely  porch bench!!
 photo 2013-05-13052955_zpsbecefcdf.jpg


One of my favorite times spent on the porch is when I am planning,  reading or journalling,...  just  spending time alone with  God  and a cup of tea.. my quiet time!
 photo 2013-06-21211649_zps276204cd.jpg
Amaze Me Monday

Make It Pretty 
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party

10 comments:

  1. Your porch looks so lovely as does your pretty home! I'm so glad you are able to have a little table on it so you and your hubby can have a meal out there. I would love that. I have a front porch and we really do use it but it's so narrow there's not enough room for a table and chairs. Love your pretty plants too! Have a great week.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful home and porch in a pretty neighborhood. I so enjoy flowers and now in South Ga. we are in full bloom. I have been out this morning planting a pot of periwinkles (vinca) that will bloom in summer.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and your kind comments... I love vinca... it does well in dry and sunny climes.... we substitute them for impatiens... have a great summer!!

      Delete
  3. You have a lovely home, Schotzy. I love your porch and your pretty plants. Living back off the street is the way I like it. It is very windy here where I live and we never enjoyed sitting out once last summer because the mosquitoes were the worst in history. I hope it's better this year so I can enjoy my quiet time out on the back deck. It is always a pleasure to have you join me. Happy May!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Schotzy:
    Your bench reminds me of a Lutyens Bench design and it is lovely. Your home looks very peaceful and lovely. I know you enjoy this outdoor space and I hope your summer is a perfect one for being out of doors. Thanks for linking and sharing this place of solitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful flowers and beckoning porch - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely outdoor space!
    So happy to have you sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a porch for the first time, actually both a front porch and a back porch. I am still sorting out how to design mine. I love the black bench with the yellow cushion, it is lovely, as is the little table to be able to set down a drink or a drink and a little snack. Just lovely. I would be honored if you would stop by and share your pretty porch at Celebrate Your Story! link party. Here is the link: http://celebrateanddecorate.com/celebrate-story-24/ I hope we see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your porch looks very peaceful and cozy! Thank you for sharing it with us at Celebrate Your Story.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~