Monday, May 23, 2016

The Simple Woman Day Book

For Today~ May 23, 2016


Outside my window

the early afternoon sun has shone up,  but the air is cool...but the days of lazy rain and really cool temps are over, I do believe... through the window I am getting excited about the promise revealed by the many hydrangea blooms that are setting on my dear plant that was stricken so severely by the late frost this past winter.


and the happy yarrow is radiant in the sunshine! 


I am thinking
What a grand time we experienced yesterday at the Blue Angels Airshow...


what started out as a dismal drear day ended beautifully.... Thank you, Lord!!!
I am thankful
for the opportunity to go to the soaking prayer event last Friday and hear one of my favorite Bible scholars and authors speak.. Bob Sorge, author of Secrets of the Secret Place
spoke twice during the evening. Both times was so inspirational~ Mainly, he spoke on the one very important prinicplesJesus taught on 4 different times in 4 different contexts yet was so important for us that in his repetition of it we must not miss hearing and applying it to our lives.

Matt 10: 34-39
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn
“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’
“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.
Life lesson: Make sure your heart's loyalty is to Christ alone!
Mark 8: 34-37
Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said:“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?
Life Lesson: Deny yourself and follow me
Luke 17:31-33
In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
Remember Lot's wife.Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
Life's Lesson: Do not love and cling to the things of this world
John 12: 20-25
Now there were some Greeks among those who went up to worship at the festival. They came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida in Galilee, with a request. “Sir,” they said, “we would like to see Jesus.” Philip went to tell Andrew; Andrew and Philip in turn told Jesus.Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Life Lesson: Live for Christ and die to self ~ be resurrected to life in Him
For those who have ears to hear will heed these words and apply them in your heart!

My favorite things~
Time spent with my prayer sista's. We met this morning over coffee and Bo-Biscuits. But shared about our lives, situations, families and then spent a good 50 minutes battling in prayer... what an amazing gift they are to me each bringing so much of what  we all are learning about God and allowing iron to sharpen iron, as we prepare for the great battle in the heavenlies... time spent before God in His throne room!!

I am wearing
My red wrap blouse and jeans!

I am creating
plans to get the bedroom prepped for painting

I am reading (read) /watching (watched) / listening to
{where you can share favorite titles, give a book review or pass along a current movie, podcast, music video, or television series you are enjoying}
Lately, I enjoy the cooking competitions on Food Channel... the Kid's Baking Competition and the new Food Star Program.. I can hardly find anything on the other networks that interests me. 

I am hoping

that I can take this framed print to the Frame Shop to have it rematted this week.


I inherited this from my Mother and always loved it as it hung in her parlor... but the dark green mat is blaring in my redone bedroom.. even before I begin work on the room, I must get this print rematted.. the tones in the new room will be pale blue and gray... So I hope to pull the ones from the sky to remat the print... 

I am learning

Just as I wrote that I was learning to hold my tongue last week... my dear friend, Colleen, shared a verse this morning that augments my deep desire..

Psalm 141:3 
Set a guard over my mouth, Lord;
keep watch over the door of my lips.

In my kitchen

Do I have to think on kitchens.... not even in the ball park... I will spend little time in kitchen this week.. too many other things to do!
I do know I must prepare crab cakes for supper tonight.. today is the use by date! Yikes!

In my garden

everything is wet and enjoying a growth spurt!!! I am enjoying watching things grow and develop!
Shared Quote


A moment from my day


Hubs and I enjoying the improvement of the weather at the airshow!!!
Closing Notes:

Stay close to God at all times... and in attitude of supplication, make your requests known to God.. we have not because we ask not!!!

1 comment:

  1. oy, so glad you're getting that picture rematted! what a good idea- i think it will really, really help!
    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~