Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Wednesday Hodge Podge


Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!

1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you've given or received.
I  Have always felt  rather self conscious  over  compliments...  I'm sure due to my low level of self esteem I had as a child. I am better about it now, thank goodness..  I have always been one to see the good in people and share  compliments.. not a form of flattery  but sincere words of affirmation.  Recently I complimented a relative  (a cousin)who has always in times past been very   much a special part of our lives, but our  adult years  lives have  brought  long  periods of  separation... yet she reached out to  my daughter and grands  with a  wonderful visit that endeared her mightily to her newest family members..I complimented her  for the impact her visit had on  us all... This visit  was  exceptional...  over a thousand mile visit,  very precious! 

2. Ten little things you are loving right now.
1) blogging 2) how the  scale  keeps it's downward momentum 3) the many faith based podcasts I get to listen to so easily 4) watching old movies on line.. last night  I loved watching How to Steak a Million.. with Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole... what a cutie!!! 5) Getting ready for  my upcoming tea party.. I find that  small projects like these are so missed.. it reminds me of the  multitude of projects I prepared for while teaching.. productive creativity is good for the soul! 6) Listening to Hubs clear away breakfast and wash the dishes 7)  reading my new book Bill Bryson's, The Road to Little Dribbling.. extremely  hilarious 8) my new  pastime of sitting at the window and  watching the birds and  researching how to  attract more and more... planning new  plantings and  areas   of feedings
9)Being this far long in my  skin graft  recovery and  seeing the improvement  everyday!10) The good reports I have repeatedly received from the doctors I have  visited lately..  followups and check-ups...  one to go... the dreaded mammo.. coming up! I am truly blessed!!!

3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way? I read here a list/description of eight things positive people do differently-

Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they're kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons

Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you're a positive person, what's something you do regularly that's not on the list?
I think I am a positive person.. I mean I can    become  upset of  things like  the impossibly long wait for my blood work in the lab yesterday.. But I do wake up each morning  looking for God's tender mercies each day and am thankful.  I am not a  busy person l in fact over the last  year or so I've had so many  small things  wrong physically I have allowed them to take over my life  in that I  use them to give me permission to just  do nothing much. I   struggle to  get moving...  I need to be more active and  now that I have such a good  outcome  form doctors I really need to get active!!!

4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili...what's your pleasure on a cold winter's day?
I enjoy a  tasty bowl of  chili, or homemade veggie beef soup!

5. The best part of my is my 
morning with my coffee.. checking  computer,   reading  devotionals,  watching birds..   possibly ....having face time!!

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Nothing to say  at this time!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to read about your good reports from doctors. I didn't think of that but activity can really help in a positive outlook. I'm with you and need to get more active. I enjoyed your hodgepodge. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...