Thursday, January 25, 2018

Our Jane Austen Tea was a Huge Success!!!

Today was the day...  I had been planning  my Jane Austen Tea party  for a couple of weeks and today it finally came to fruition!
(Each place card had this lovely welcome )

Tea pot is on, the cups are waiting,
Favourite chairs anticipating,
No matter what I have to do,
My friends there’s always time for you.
 I had  created  some table  decorations  whose inspiration came from pinterest..  the Jane Austen theme and menu was inspired by  the December issue of Tea Time magazine.. And  my  very special friends and prayer pals  got together this morning to  enjoy the pleasures of tea, and fellowship...  It was  marvelous! 
First of all, I created these bookmarks   and  got them laminated at Staples  for each place setting~

This photo  graced the table 

As well  as, Mr. Darcy, who was also present! 
There, as well, you can see the place card with a delightful poem   decorated with blue transfer ware which I understand was  Jane's favorite. 

    I took this photo to send to our  sista'  who  has  recently moved to Utah...  We had never had a gathering without her....  We miss you, Colleen!!!

 These darling  silhouettes  are found on pinterest, too!

There were 5 of us in attendance... and  life's  complications  had kept us from  getting together for a few months.. Today was  just awesome...  the sharing,  the  edifying and prayer  was  amazing!

 One of the  items  suggested in the magazine was chocolate  meringues...  with a recipe...  they are nothing more than Mallomars so I just  bought a package  and  called it done!!!  No way was I going to make them!!!
I was  rather dismayed all week because our local grocers  didn't carry the cinnamon chips anymore  for my Cinnamon scones...  but I finally found them yesterday  at a smaller  market in town....  They were  delish slathered in Devonshire Cream!

My favorite item was  this platter of Mini Victoria Sponge cakes with raspberry preserves and  raspberry creme in the middle... YUM!  and the  cake  could be baked the day before which was a great help this morning getting it all together!!!

These Egg  and Cress canapes were super easy to  put together..  toast rounds,  a schmear of Dijon and mayo mixture. .. a slice of egg and  a garnish of Italian parsley!!!  They were a huge hit!!!The  Cress was  way to pricey and I had to purchase a  truckload of it so  a .99 package of parsley  did the trick!!! I was so pleased to locate the super thin sliced  Pepperidge Farm bread!
source  Tea Time
All in all it was a glorious morning with great friends and they all  went away feeling greatly  loved, appreciated and  with happy tummies!!!

For this tea I used Barry's Scottish  blend!




Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party

Friends Sharing Tea


Tuesday Cuppa Tea

13 comments:

  1. Schotzy, what a lovely occasion! I love blue and white china, too. You really made it special, and memorable, for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea -- and your table is so very beautiful! Jane would be right at home!

    ~ jeanie from marmelade gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schotzy, I'm so glad your get together went so well. Your preparation was well done. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Schotzy:
    Oh how I do love a JANE AUSTEN AFTERNOON TEA TIME! This was so special and I love your tablescape and decorations. The food looks delicious and I thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds very lovely! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, and I'm sure your guests did, too. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Beautiful and everything looks SO tasty!! Wish I could have been there! Love the theme!!!!!!
    a

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! So glad you posted the end results. I would have loved to attend. You did a marvelous job! What a great tribute to Jane! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful tea time you arranged for your friends, Schotzy! The table in blue and white is splendid and all the silhouettes made it very special. The food looks amazing and I wish I could have joined you. I'm sure Jane would be delighted! Thank you for sharing with us and have a lovely day. Blessings to you...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first time I visited your site. It sounds like a lovely tea. I need to start having teas again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little set up for tea! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful tea! I love blue and white. Where in Utah did your sis move to? I live in UT. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jann... thanks so much for the visit.... and your sweet comment. You asked about my sis.. and to be honest she is my Sista which is what we 5 gals call each other.. We are spiritual sista's who have been getting together to pray, encourage one another and have great fun together.. We started a rather huge prayer initiative here in our city that went on for 5 years and we would get together ever couple of weeks, but since Colleen moved to St. George we have had some difficulty getting together..we have all had various ailments and work situations that have hampered our getting together... We are sad to have her move but she is now much closer to her family..kids,
      We call each other sista because none of us have true sisters...We've been prayer sista's for almost 10 years. I pray she can find a true group of ladies there who can building lasting and Christian fellowship with her!

      Delete
  12. This was so wonderful I will feature it tomorrow at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...