
Click here to return to Living to Tell the Story
So we are finishing up week two of the new year.. and for us it has been spent for the most part medicated against this horrid virus we picked up in Massachusetts over the holidays..
Now that we are almost into our fourth week of the miseries, we are finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel!!
Time to actually look up and out and count our blessings from this week.
1) This week we finally got out and actually traveled to Charlottesville where I got to meet with my post surgical team.. I love those guys... I met with the Dr. who reconstructed my ear and got to really thank him for the outstanding job he did. I got to give him a hug because I don't usually get to see him..Then the head otolaryngolgist surveyed my nose and was delighted to say that I am now looking at the finer tuneup process.. When I go back next time I will be setting up for a feathering and sanding/laser process.. a type of dermabrasion ...to help the scarring nearly disappear.. Hopefully, during these next two months nature and continuing silicon gel will help make that appointment a moot point!!! At this moment I still can hardly stand to apply my very light applications of the gel to my skin graft.. It's not that it hurts, I'm just pretty skittish!!!Yikes!!! But I am getting along very well!!!
2) While we were in Charlottesville we got to dine at a very nifty restaurant..
We enjoyed amazing food!!
Chicken in garlic sauce
Crispy Pork Belly (Spicy) $10
Marinated uncured bacon lightly battered & fried w. cilantro, scallions, dried Szechuan chili peppers, numbing powder, Szechuan peppercorns
and
Kung Pao (spicy)
Asparagus, red bell pepper, dried chilies, chili oil, numbing oil, topped with roasted peanuts $15 Chicken ....
even though these items were marked with 1 red pepper... they were really pretty spicy!!! I thought this should really clear up our heads.... I had never had that numbing oil or Szechuan peppercorns before....oh, my, goodness!!! They actually made the tap water sizzle in the mouth!!! I really thought they had brought me seltzer water.... whoa!!! But it was really good!!!! Quite an adventure for us!!!
3) The weather has moderated and turned much more mild.. it is Friday evening and a mild 64 degrees, although it has rained the last couple of days... much needed rain, because we were extremely dry, even though we had subzero wind chills the past few weeks..
4) Last night Hubs and I went to a dear friends home where a group has been meeting for a few weeks... seeking to provide the spiritual climate that would facilitate a revival in our fair city.. It was a time of authentic worship and praise, defined by great love for the Father and His Son, and corporate as well as personal prayer for those attending for the heightened desire and will to press in more in their personal relationship with God... It was an awesome evening..
5) Today I got to sleep in...I had nothing on my calendar.. Hubs had an early haircut so I had the bed and house to myself and I slept the sleep of a babe!! I really needed an uninterrupted sleep.
I am feeling blessed!!




so sorry to hear you've been ill too! I'm currently on an antibiotic as the virus i had turned into a bacterial infection!! ( sinusitis!). Seems there are a lot of viruses and flus this winter.
ReplyDeleteIt's 63 degrees here in eastern NY but we have been warned that temps will drop, sleet and freezing rain are moving in and then 1-3 inches of snow. Where i go hiking in the summer months, they are expecting 8-12 inches!! NO thanks!!
Enjoy your weekend and rest up!
I'm glad you are finally feeling better and that you were able to get to the post op appointment.
ReplyDeleteYour adventure at the Chinese restaurant makes me hungry! We love Chinese and Thai and of course Indonesian food (Indo is the BEST!)
I agree--there's nothing better than a really good sleep!
Glad you are feeling better and post op recovery is going well. There are lots of nasty bugs around. That food looks delicious but sounds as if it's too spicy for me. Enjoy the weekend.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you've not been feeling well and hope you're on the mend soon. I'm glad the post-op appointments went well. I am not a fan of food that hot, so you can have all mine. :-) Good sleep is such a boon.
ReplyDeleteYou are looking amazing! So glad everything is going well with that surgery and post op stuff. But sorry you're not feeling well with a virus. Seems everyone is catching something this winter. I think we went to a Peter Chang's in Spokane, Washington last summer and it was yummy!
ReplyDelete