Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Wednesday Hodge Podge A Look Back

From this Side of the Pond

Click on the icon to return to Joyce's page!

1. What keeps you blogging?
I love the collegiality of  joining in with other respected bloggers  and   meeting new  like minded folk...  It  is  an outlet for writing for me, as well,,  My students told me that when I retired I must  have an outlet for writing....  because I enjoy it so much.. This is it!!

2. Some people like to travel in the winter months. Do you enjoy the beach in winter? According to Southern Living the best U.S. beach towns to visit this winter are-


St Simons Island (Georgia), Hilton Head (South Carolina), Bald Head Island (North Carolina), Seaside (Florida), Bay St. Louis (Mississippi), Cape San Blas (Florida), South Padre Island (Texas), Folly Beach (South Carolina), Chincoteague (Virginia), Duck Key (Florida), Nags Head (North Carolina), and Fairhope (Alabama)


Have you been to any of the towns listed (in any season)? Which on the list appeals to you most this winter? 

The closest to winter I have ever   been  beaching  was  while our daughter was young until she  graduated college, we  always  took a week at Thanksgiving  to North Myrtle Beach  because we had family there and because it meant  students and teachers only had to miss 3 days of school  This  was the only time in the year  Amanda got to  play with and enjoy her cousins  from Ohio  who had a condo there  .. We always stay at Land's End which is  right  at the end of the strand next to a wildlife preserve... close to  attractions at Myrtle , but  remote  with it's  more private setting...
Image result for lands end myrtle beach

 I much prefer  North Myrtle  to any listed..  they are either  too  quiet and  not enough  to do there  or too expensive for our tastes.  I will confess  I love the thought of Chincoteague  but I refuse to  traverse the bay  on the Bay-Bridge Tunnel..   Don't ask!


3. What's a song you're embarrassed to know all the lyrics to? Are you really embarrassed or do just think you should be?

As a youth  we were embarrassed by Louie, Louie  but I never knew the lyrics, I just  heard  it was not a good song to listen to..I  later  enjoyed  music by David Clayton Thomas,  but some of his lyrics if you listened to them were  pretty  bad!

There  were of course many  songs about drugs and such  from groups like Led Zeppelin  that  weren't exactly my favorites.  I remember though  I  would listen more to the music  than the lyrics anyway...





4. When you were a kid what's something you thought would be fantastic as an adult, but now that you're an adult you realize it's not all that fantastic?




Sitting up to watch the  late night shows... eh!  I think that once Johnny Carson retired  they just  went south, in my opinion.





5. Share a quote you hope will inspire you in 2018.





Image result for inspirational quotes for women

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Another thing about blogging is  certain memes  can  encourage me to get up and do something  for myself and others... Just so I'll have something to blog about... That has always been a good thing for me...for example, I love to  do tea parties  but as I get older  I  dream or just buy a magazine and   and  read about them about them more than actually do them...  but  when I  join in  at  Bernideen's  posts  about Sharing Tea with Friends  it actually motivates me to plan and actually  open  our home to friends and enjoy  tea together..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...