Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday

Image result for happy homemaker monday

Let's join in with Sandra here.

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
After  several days of suffering the Massachusetts  crud.. sorry Mass, but  we  caught this up there and brought it home with us! So a  piping hot cup of coffee and a lovely  bowl of  warm oatmeal  tastes pretty good this morning!



Right now I am::
I am savoring the memories of last weeks answer 
"Gloriously and happily watching our grand daughters   play..  putting their Christmas  puzzles together."  As now I am back home    missing my girls so much    trying to  get  over this  nasty  congestion!

The weather outside::::
It is partly cloudy  and 16 degrees..  low tonight 8!  brrrrr....I think we dragged  some  weather down south with us, as well!

Looking around the house::::
Thankfully,  we left our house in a good state  so  I  do want to  sit  under the tree and enjoy a bit of  home stead Christmas this week  

On this week's to do list::::

think about  our  marvelous Christmas and begin my thank you notes.
send out a couple of Christmas Greetings in appreciation and reciprocation, and  think about  putting the decorations away for another year!


On the reading book shelf:::
I got  some new books  but  I  am not sure of the titles..  more on  books next week!!
 I received some wonderful books for Christmas. Firstly, I am reading  The Oracles of Grace, by Wanda Alger, an amazing book inspiring  the reader to    become much more intimate with God through time spent in the Secret Place,  
Oracles of Grace: Building a Legacy of Wisdom and Revelation by [Alger, Wanda]
            On the TV ::::

           Last night I watched The Christmas Candle, written by Max Lucado on Netflix...  such a sweet story of restoration  and  the miraculous!

On the menu this week:::

Plans to make a couple  pots of soup this week..  
Veggie beef soup and
Potato Soup

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
maybe catch a few z'szzzzzzzzzzzzz.  I  have lost so much sleep  in the past few days  coughing!

Looking forward to this week::::
Hoping I well by then so I can attend the Intercessors for America meeting..  I am  so  delighted to just sit in the presence of these prayer warriors..  I long   for such meetings and attend as many as I can!

Favorite photo from the camera::::
 I am still love the photo I shared last week of   hubs and  our oldest grand, Birdie..
Bird just got up from her nap  and  loved curling up  by  Baa Baa..I see sleepy eyes!!
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses::::


My New Year Wish...

And for this year, my wish for each of us is small and very simple.

And it's this.




I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.


~Neil Gaiman's Journal.
                                                
Image result for verse for the new year


7 comments:

  1. Sorry you are sick but glad to read you had a wonderful Christmas visit with your family. A big pot of soup sounds perfect for this super cold weather. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon!
    Your little Christmas tree is perfection!
    Have a beautiful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post and love the fairy dust that falls as you move the mouse around. How do you do that? Also, love The Christmas Candle. Have watched it three times this season. A beautiful movie and one of my favorites! Have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Rebecca... Thanks for commenting and I added the fairy dust gadget to it years ago.. I had to look it up... you can google it but I will say you have to go in to the template and add it there so it isnt that easy to do. Here is one source... https://www.adelightsomelife.com/.../tutorial-pixiefairy-dust-mouse-pointer_26.html
      But, you're welcome to it if you decide to use it, too.
      Yes, I really enjoyed the Christmas Candle.. I think Hubs and I may watch it today! Happy New Year!!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better and glad you had such a nice Christmas with family. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schotzy, I loved the Christmas Candle movie as well. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...