Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday

                                Image result for happy homemaker monday

Let's join in with Sandra here.

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::

We enjoyed a fruited yogurt and coffee, but I'm also thinking of eggs ... We'll see!!!

Right now I am::

trying so hard to get over this dastardly virus I took on Christmas Day. But let's no go any further with that! Let's just say, I have very little ambition to accomplish anything these days

The weather outside::::

the weather is so cold that the film of ice on the roof of our car is still there awaiting the snow and ice forecast for today!

Looking around the house::::

My small tree and mantel decorations are still up.. I'm calling them my winter decor!!

On this week's to do list::::

This week we travel to Charlottesville for my 3 month post surgery check..I think I'm doing well.

It is from the skin graft I had on my nose following squamous cell cancer. I've been told it takes 6 months for the skin to completely rejuvenate to replace underlying skin so I'm half way there...and hopefully the worst is behind me.

On the reading book shelf:::
One of the books I got fro Christmas is Bill Bryson's, The Road to Little Dribbling.

I really enjoyed his book, A Walk in the Woods,, his travelogue about hiking the Appalachian Trail.
This new book is his notes on traveling England. I'm sure to love this one!!!


On the TV ::::

I've been watching a bit of Netflix while I've been convalescing.. I generally watch a bit of Dick Van Dyke, followed by a cooking show, then an episode of Escape to the Country, and then perhaps an new film I have never seen before.. Nothing too wondrous to report on!

On the menu this week:::
meals have been sparse while we have both been ill... and I do not have that much appetite so it is catch as catch can..
One thing I still enjoy is a grilled cheese..with a bowl of soup.

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Id love to say Id read especially in my Bible to catch up with my reading plan, but my head is too fuzzy to read...


Looking forward to this week::::

Nothing really just staying inside and warm


Favorite photo from the camera::::


I love the memory evoked by this photo of my sil blowing up helium balloons for our youngest grand's second birthday party!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses::::


8 comments:

  1. Sorry you're still not feeling up to par. I'm sure that the cold weather isn't helping any, BUT!!! Spring is on the way and brighter days are just around the corner! Stay the course and keep on keepin' on! Love the New Year's scripture and picture that you selected! Very nice! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning, Friend... Just popping in to say how inspired I am each time I read your blog.. So I added it to my side bar as an inspiring blog... because of your fortitude in healthful living and especially your faith based postings... Thanks so much for your friendship!

      Delete
  2. Hope you start to feel better very soon. Do you think you've had the flu? The news this morning was just reporting how it's bad in almost every single state right now. Love the pictures. Hope your appointment goes well and you have a wonderful (and healthy!) week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean just wanted to thank you for your kind words and best wishes... I dont think it is the flu but the virus exacerbated my allergies and sinuses! Very stuffy!!!

      Delete
  3. Grilled cheese and a bowl of soup is my favorite too!
    Have a lovely week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to read that you are sick. Get better quickly! All of this mess going around...ugh.
    Your grands are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had the flu bug going around my area too. Hope you're feeling better. And I have been craving a grilled cheese and soup! Yum! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! Love all the balloons!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...