Monday, January 29, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday


Click here to return to  our hostess!
The weather:::
Dreary, dreary dreary with rain!

As I look outside my window:::
I am pleased to know the ground is saturated because  we so badly needed the rain, but the day is  very gray! There is a chance of snow later today..  winter  certainly isn't over yet!

Right now I am::: 
I just finished my  fruited yogurt dearest  fixes for me each  morning, and  I'm  savoring my first cup of coffee  while I  post!

Thinking and pondering:::
I have quite a bit to do today, especially a bit of shopping,  but for the life of me at this moment I can't remember  what I needed...  I hate it when my thoughts fly out of the window!
I do know one thing though and I am borrowing this from a dear  friend who is  deeply inspiring me in my bird  attraction  hobby...
Image may contain: bird
Lois's blog
She attracts  many  different  species   with her delectable  homemade suet..  made out of cheap peanut butter,  mixed with a bit of  cheap shortening, and  flour. I am definitely   putting these items on my list!We do have  snow in our  upcoming forecast so a bit of suet would be appropriate!


On my bedside table:::
A reading lamp,  the phone,  tissues, meds of all kinds, eye drops,  silicon gel tubes for my poor  reconstructed nose...  

On my tv:::
Because I am taping Victoria I havent watched it yet,  so last night I watched a film we saw at the theater years ago...  and I cried  like a baby.. it was so good... August Rush, on Netflix.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday -Beef stew
Tuesday -Tomato  Basil Soup and  sandwiches
Wednesday -Frozen dinner..  lean cuisine
Thursday - dinner out
Friday -I'm going  on an adventure with the  my prayer Sista's and we will eat  a celebratory  meal..  but it all depends on the weather where we go...  so right now it's a toss up!
Saturday -Friends in for Spaghetti

On my to do list:::

Finishing laundry  (whites) and putting it away
Working on  The Quest Bible Study this week... Seeking to have  an Intimate relationship with God 
I've been asked to lead the discussion on Day two of the homework so I need to bone up on that!
marketing
visiting my  hair salon and  perhaps trying a new do... rather  tired of this  bob...  also getting  bit of color...  my  dull blond  washes out after a while and I look like I have  a  pile of straw on my head.
A dear aunt passed over the weekend.. I so hope the funeral will be Wednesday or else  my schedule will prohibit us from being able to go, as it is out of town....  we have appointments we must keep!

My simple pleasure:::
Still the same
I love to watch B/W old movies on Youtube

Lesson learned the past week:::
It takes much less energy to keep a positive point of view than to dwell on the negative...  at this stage in my life I need all the energy I can muster!

Looking around the house:::
Time  to  change out the blues in the dining room and  bring out the red and white transfer ware...  it  is almost February after all..
 photo IMG_1173_zps8fkhnejg.jpg

From the camera:::
I was perusing some January photos and  ran across this one...taken  after my mom  broke up housekeeping and  was  bed fast  the last year of her life...This  was her pewter coffee set  her sisters gave her for their 25th wedding anniversary  and I  used it a while  before packing it away....  I think I will bring it out again...I love having Mother's things around me!

Prayer List:::
 The Bible tells us to, first of all, pray for our  nation and leaders  that  we can live peaceful lives in harmony...  we certainly need  that!  So...Our country..  the division,  the  deception, the  social issues that seek to  destroy families and  individuals, that our government would govern for the sake of the people not for their political gain!
I know of several precious saints who have gone on to glory this  week.  Praying for their families as they deal with this loss.
Several friends  at my church struggling with debilitating illness.
A couple of family members plus all who  are serving our nation overseas

Bible verse, Devotional:::
 photo febsnow015.jpg
Some  beautifully thoughtful quotes form Martin Luther King, Jr

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. 
Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. 
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. 
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools. 
Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.

6 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds so good, yum :)

    I love Victoria, and August Rush was phenomenal, I cried too.

    Hope you have a really good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your blog post this week and condolences on your loss. I love your pictures...especially the one of your mom's coffee set and the beautiful flowers. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly sounds as though winter is sticking around for you. Love the picture with the little bluebirds. Wonder if my pesky squirrels would leave suet alone? Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you have your house decorated, my friend! You're definitely an inspiration. You're right, it takes so much less energy to have a positive outlook.
    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pink-red decorations. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed reading your post. I hope you had a GREAT week. The week just got away from me and I'm so late visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...