The female house finch was first seen bright and early at the feeder...
Meanwhile, the numerous house sparrows foraged the ground for left overs and
many of them would swarm the bird houses trying to dominate the whole!
Many more welcome birds had to be so quick it was difficult to capture on the the frame.. until this handsome cardinal stood sentinel
daring the interlopers to come near. ...so his queen could venture in and partake. She had been patiently awaiting her turn..
Her mate signals and she moves in!
and her steadfast guardian dares anyone to move in upon her!
Try as I might I'm just not sure what this darling fellow is....at first glance I thought of chickadee but he is minus the black cap. Can someone help me with him! He was very timid, not anxious to take on the fury of the sparrows.
Upon further investigation and some suggestions from visitors it could be an Eastern Phoebe, or possibly a young Eastern Wood Peewee..What fun to investigate my lovely sojourners!
Great photos! Love all the birds!
ReplyDeleteCould your mystery bird be a Phoebe?
Have a wonderful week-end!
Enjoyed your photos. The last bird looks familiar but I'm not sure what it might be... I'm sure someone will know 100% what you've captured there.
ReplyDeleteHello, I enjoyed all your sweet birds. The Cardinals, Finches and Sparrows are all beautiful visitors. Maybe your last bird is a kinglet or warbler? Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful feeder event! Loved so much hearing about it and seeing the corresponding photos! Not sure what the little bird is with the grey cap...amazingly cute though!
ReplyDelete