Monday, January 22, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday


Click here to return to  our hostess!
The weather:::
It is currently 54*  and  much needed rain is in the forecast... I hope it washes all the  salty chemicals  away!

As I look outside my window:::
The sun was slow to make its entrance today as we  traveled across town for my  yearly check up..  But as we  were leaving mid-morning to come home  the sun was piercing through the    thin clouds  but  rain is definitely in the air!
Right now I am::: 
I am enjoying a glass of iced tea  as I concentrate on my    tea party plans  and  how to share about them  below!

Thinking and pondering:::
A couple of weeks ago while blogging I decided to  plan a Jane Austen Tea party  just because I love her books so, and  she is synonymous with tea.Upon my initial research I found a treasure trove of information on pinterest. From that I was able to create a bookmark favor that I still need to get  laminated and a few  decorations.
I also found  online several photos  that showed her using blue transfer ware  in her teas,  so I was delighted to  bring out mine..

“There  is no charm equal to the tenderness of heart”
Jane Austen




The December  Tea Time magazine was my inspiration on the menu..
I tried to find cinnamon chips but alas they were not to be found so we're having Salty Caramel scones.
 These amazingly simple savories  of sliced  egg on  toast square with  mustard  sauce topped with  a cress leaf.

Victoria Sponge mini cakes with raspberry sauce and would you believe they  showed how to make Mallomars.. uh.. I bought mine!!!
I'll share recipes later.

On my bedside table:::
Tissues, meds of all kinds, eye drops,  silicon gel tubes for my poor  reconstructed nose...  This season of my life finds me    with  this cold, and    surgical procedures,  and   the consequencs of all  with a loaded  bedside  table...

On my tv:::
Yesterday I watched on Youtube Alfred Hitchcock's  Rebecca with Joan Fontaine and Laurence Olivier.  If you've never seen it, it is  awesome... They don't make films like this anymore!!!
Victoria


On the menu for this week:::


Monday -Chinese leftovers
Tuesday -Tomato  Basil Soup and  sandwiches
Wednesday -Frozen dinner..  lean cuisine
Thursday - dinner out
Friday -pizza
Saturday - Soup and salad night with our club


On my to do list:::

Finishing laundry and putting it away
Attend my first session of The Quest Bible Study this week... Seeking to have  an Intimate relationship with God 
Finalize decor,  table setting and menu prep  for tea party on Thursday
shops for the  large salad I'm taking to the soup and salad night

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Continuing to create  decorations for the tea party.  I have  some  photos with  Jane Austen's quotes on them to  determine how to incorporate into the decor... I think they would make great  conversation starters.

My simple pleasure:::
I love to watch B/W old movies on Youtube

Lesson learned the past week:::
As I sat  in the waiting room waiting for my  blood work in the lab, I  struck up a conversation with an elderly man who  seemed to be just  waiting for someone to complain to about doctors.. I mean I heard all about all of his  md's.. I tried to turn t he conversation to the marvels of medicine and   technology as  he and I shared some of the same ailments, including glaucoma. I was reminded of my own dad  who at that same  age  would  complain  about things not going  the way he thought they should,  so I, for at least that moment in time, committed to really try to   put on my rosy colored glasses and try to  see the whole picture and not get   caught up in my own personal issues,  but learn to go with the flow and be content in all circumstances..  For to complain endlessly is not very attractive and no one really wants to hear it!

Looking around the house:::
I think Hubs may be napping it is so quiet upstairs and  I think I may go join him!

From the camera:::
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people sitting, shoes, tree, child and outdoor
Our two favorite folks... what a blessing!!!


Prayer List:::
I know of several precious saints who have gone on to glory this  week.  Praying for their families as they deal with this loss.
Several friends  at my church struggling with debilitating illness.
A couple of family members plus all who  are serving our nation overseas
Our country..  the division,  the  deception, the  social issues that seek to  destroy families and  individuals, that our government would govern for the sake of the people not for their political gain!


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Image result for 2 Thessalonians 3:16

3 comments:

  1. Oh what fun your tea party will be!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you continue to feel better. Your tea set is beautiful and I hope your tea is a wonderful success. The salty caramel scones sure look delicious! Hope you have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tea sounds like so much fun! Beautiful table setting. I'm running so late this week visiting everyone. I sure hope you had a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...