
Let's join in with Sandra here.
Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Breakfast out with Hubs because I had an early doctor's appointment....Love those early appointments!
Right now I am::
I am taking a morning break from my resolve to stay on top of my daily Bible reading, i'll catch up later today.. since I am committed to picking up where I left off last spring I am starting today at 1 Samuel 25. I am doing a chronological read... so the psalms are interspersed just as David penned them during the various times of his life.. very interesting this way!
The weather outside::::
this week it has turned bitter cold again which really hurts after our temperate days of last week!! It is January after all!!
Looking around the house::::
This week I really must pack away the Christmas decorations... now that I'm feeling more myself!
On this week's to do list::::
pack away the decor
reset a winter's table and redo with a more wintry theme in the public areas of the house
plan in earnest for the winter tea to invite friends to.... I started thinking about this last week,, and I'm pretty excited about it!
On the reading book shelf:::
One of the books I got for Christmas is Bill Bryson's, The Road to Little Dribbling.
What a delightfully engaging book... He has really found his voice and it is uproarious!
On the TV ::::
Victoria, finally!
Victoria, finally!
On the menu this week:::
Still enjoying the delicious pot of potato soup I made yesterday...yum!!! Glad it was a large pot!!!
Boneless pork loin strips, braised until very tender then broiled with a bit of bbq sauce. again, yum
haddock fish sandwiches.. from the frozen dept.. love these!!!
Still enjoying the delicious pot of potato soup I made yesterday...yum!!! Glad it was a large pot!!!
Boneless pork loin strips, braised until very tender then broiled with a bit of bbq sauce. again, yum
haddock fish sandwiches.. from the frozen dept.. love these!!!
If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
I love to color the special verses in my coloring Bible... I am coloring as I read along in 1 Samuel and Psalm.. hopefully, someday all the scripture posters will be colored and my Bible will look well loved and cherished... because I do a lot of meditating as I color!!!
I love to color the special verses in my coloring Bible... I am coloring as I read along in 1 Samuel and Psalm.. hopefully, someday all the scripture posters will be colored and my Bible will look well loved and cherished... because I do a lot of meditating as I color!!!
Looking forward to this week::::
later in the week we return to Charlottesville , this time for Hubs who is in for his own MOHs surgery...thankfully since his spot is on the cheek it will require only a bit of stitching! Have a suggested and will always..wear your sunscreen!!!!
Not to sound morbid about this, we both really enjoy our jaunts up there... such fun shopping and eating out!!
Not to sound morbid about this, we both really enjoy our jaunts up there... such fun shopping and eating out!!
Favorite photo from the camera::::
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses::::

What a beautiful picture of your grandchildren with the sunlight streaming in like that. Potato soup sounds perfect for this frigid weather, wish someone else around here liked it besides me. Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteThat soup was so good... lots of veggies in it... I added the hyperlink recipe if you're interested! Thanks so much for visiting!!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your blog today. Good job on picking right back up where you with the Bible reading and continuing on! I've done the chronological read through before and it is so interesting! Really gives you a different perspective. Have a blessed week ahead! <3
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading your post. Great picture of your grand kids. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteA winter tea? what a great idea. Hummm... think I'll add potato soup to my weekend menu. Beautiful picture of your grandkids - they are precious
ReplyDelete