Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Wednesday Hodge Podge

Click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
1. Speaking of endings....at your wit's end, at loose ends, a dead end, burn the candle at both ends, all's well that end's well, or no end in sight...which 'end' phrase might best be applied to your life lately? Explain. 
Praise the Lord I can truthfully say  my life is finally  at the  lovely  stage of "all's well that ends well".. And with Christ at the helm I  am steering right along with joy and  pretty good health!

2. What was a must have accessory when you were growing up? Did you own one? If so tell us what you remember about it.
The very first things that came to mind were these...
Women's Saddle Oxfords, Black/White, hi-res
I loved my saddle oxfords...mainly because I  was not last to be picked for kickball  when I wore them.. man I could kick a ball, and besides that they, along with my bobby socks, looked so cool....  and were comfy, too!!! 
Later in high school and college I loved my add a pearl necklace  and signet ring, sadly I've lost both!
Yellow Gold Oval Custom Signet Rings by Quality Gold

3. Something that made you smile yesterday?
I asked my hairdresser for a  bit of a change..  my bob was  getting a bit boring...  so I wanted  something to  sort of flip out  and turn under... She  did it!!  That put a smile on my face

4. January 30th is National Croissant Day. Do you like croissants? Sweet or savory? We're having chicken salad for lunch...would you rather have yours served on a croissant, a wrap, a bagel, bread, or a roll of some sort?  I love croissants especially  with  Eggs Benedict...  
Image result for eggs benedict and croissant
one of my favorite breakfasts, but  chicken salad is so yummy,  I  would just eat it on a nice lettuce like they serve it at the White Oak Tavern   Tea Room we frequent!  I love their home baked bread and balsamic dipping sauce, too!!
Image result for White tavern tea room  chicken salad
5. Sum up your January in fifteen words or less.
January, full of sniffles and coughs slipped away on the wings of Mercury.
Image result for Mercury in flight  mythological
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I am doing Beth Moore's Bible Study the Quest and we are only on  week 1..  I got a call yesterday asking me to lead the discussion on day 2  which  sad to say I hadn't done the homework for at that time... I said I would    but I had  trouble with a couple of questions...  I  thought about it at length yesterday and finally,  hopefully understood what  they were getting at...and it is  a rather deep subject on ungodly beliefs we all have .. mindsets we develop just through our family traditions and  actually generational curses.  I did a study and a personal deliverance prayer therapy you might call it a few years ago to  rid myself of  mainly the ungodly beliefs.. generational curses that come down through  generations back  can be  more  ingrained and we can live  a normal life without realizing we have them,  but  they are able to twist our thinking just a shade that if not  eradicated can skew  our thinking  and acceptance/understanding of all of God's  Precious Word! 

3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks darling! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss kick ball days :) And I need to get my own hair did - I love your bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saddle oxfords! There's something I haven't thought about in a long time. Your hair looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...