Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sharing Tea With friends: Planning a Jane Austen tea

This morning I planned my menu for my winter tea... I found most of my inspiration from the Dec/17 Teatime magazine.  I love Cinnamon chips so I will be making Cinnamon Chip Scones.
Image result for cinnamon chip scones

Egg and Cress Crepes
I couldnt find a photo   that is  as  dainty as  what the magazine  showed.. It is nothing more than  a  dainty toast crisp with a smear of  a dijon/mayonnaise spread, a slice  of hard boiled egg topped with a water cress leaf...  very  demure  yet savory!And easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes
Related image
This is a reasonable facsimile.. the magazine recipe is not as complicated as those online...
The magazine suggested homemade Mallomars...  but  I'll just purchase these  just because   I do not do merengues... and store bought are good!
Image result for mallomars  
I only  like these because I like a bit of chocolate!
Another inspiration from the magazine was a Jane Austen theme 
teaparty
even though it  isn't her birthday as it was in December,  winter is still the best time to cuddle up with her books or  watch a film on tv...  so  Now I want to  research a bit of Jane and  do up some favors  .. All about Jane!   More on that later!
Image may contain: table, indoor and food

9 comments:

  1. How delightful!Your treats look delicious!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also get much inspiration from Tea Time and Victoria. Your food looks delicious and I am thrilled to have you come and link. We have snow too and bitter cold so I am reading more and sewing! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely winter tea you're putting together. I especially like those mini Victorian cakes. The blue transferware looks fabulous with the silver pot and creamer! Enjoy your day, Schotzy and thank you for sharing! Blessings...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Schotzy, a friend mailed me a whole box of books about Jane Austen several months ago, so I am -- well, I *would be* if I had retained the info -- a veritable font of information about Jane! She was clearing out her bookshelves, and I was the lucky recipient. I then passed them along to someone else, or I could send them to you! I'm a huge tea fan, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also plan to do a Jane Austen tea in the near future. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tea and Jane Austen are the perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I hope I'm invited! Lol! I love Tea Time...so many great recipes and ideas! Yours sounds like it will be a perfect party! And Jane is always a perfect excuse for a tea party! Have a lovely week and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Yes ... I ‘d love to cosy up with a cup of tea and one of those cinnamon scones... infact, you’ve inspired me to bake some ( Ha Ha)... and to once again enjoy alittle Jane Austen on this cold and snowy day..PERFECT !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! The scones would definitely be my favorite. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!

Farewell

 After  17 years of   blogging  I am  pretty sad to  just fade  out  with  hardly  anyone showing any   farewell,  concern  about my  surger...