Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Home Maker Monday

hhm
For more visit The Diary of the Stay at Home Mom!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Gorgeous days are promised for the week... it is totally thrilling to feel spring in the air... Our neighbor actually mowed his lawn today..


One of my simple pleasures:
is flower arranging.... I love to create seasonal vignettes using found items from the house, the yard, etc... I take old arrangements apart and recycle the flowers differently each year.


On my bedside table:
Country Wives, by Rebecca Shaw
Realm, and Scotland magazines.

On my TV:
The first season of All Creatures Great and small


On the menu for tonight:

Roast beef, carrots, potatoes, and onions

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Sweep and Mop
Clean off the flower beds



In the craft basket:
Ideas for creating greeting cards

Looking forward to:
Exercise class tomorrow... been missing the past couple of weeks


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Align Center

Reuse plastic honey bear bottles for olive oil. Store (uncapped) in a cabinet near your stove, so you can reach for it and squeeze oil in a pan with just one hand. Saves time!



Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Deep Calls Unto Deep
offers wonderful insight into the Christian's relationship with Christ


Favorite photo from last week:
especially for my daughter, Amanda to see~
last week one of Amanda's dear friends from youth group form about 10 years ago, LeAnna and her mom along with dot and I went to the Tea Room in this beautifully quaint log cabin for luncheon...LeAnna is so happy as she is expecting her first baby.... I just wish Amanda would be able to attend the shower coming up in just a few weeks!.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That is such a great tip for using the bottles, I'm going to use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks for posting the pic of leanna! She looks great! How exciting!!! :)

    Love you and hope you are having a good day!

    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~