Monday, March 22, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window... We awakened to pouring rain and furious wind... but things have tempered... the rain has ceased...at least for the time being...and the sky looks furious, but the wind has stilled....

I am thinking...what a fun week we have ahead of us.... hope i can rid myself of this sinus headache!!

I am thankful for...so many blessings of life.... I really enjoy this time of my life.... taking one day at a time...

I am wearing...still in my jammies.... no rush to go anywhere today.

I am remembering..all thing things I need to accomplish in the next few days before our little trip!


I am going... to be going to the symphony this week... one of my favorite pastimes...
This month's programme includes:
Mozart - Requiem
Bergman - Dance of the Americas
Holst - St. Paul's Suite


I am currently reading...

All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot
Begin With Christ, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter


I am hoping..to get a lot of walking in on our trip.... that is going to be fun walking.... seeing new and exciting things.... very excited about it!!
.



On my mind...I am really going to take time to listen to the Lord this week.... not only speak to him, and read His word but allow the Holy spirit to speak to me so I can know His will for my life.


Noticing that...
the daffodils are radiant this year. They just seem so happy to have burst forth in newness of life!!


Pondering these words...

"I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze."
- William Wordsworth, Daffodils




From the kitchen..just using up bits and pieces of things to get rid of things in the fridge!

Around the house.... the never ending flow of laundry... what else?


One of my favorite things...
reading!
Can't ever get enough of things to read!!!

From my picture journal...
Photobucket
Through the bedroom window on a dreary Monday morn... yet, the daffodils delight in showing off their glory!

This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. How was the symphony? E-mail me and let me know- we love the Mozart Requiem. It's the last piece he ever composed- he didn't finish it before he died. We heard it performed by the little symphony orchestra we went to hear a few weeks ago- such a great piece! :>)

    Love you!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~