Monday, March 8, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window...a gorgeous precursor to spring.... and the beginning of a very promising week!!


I am thinking...how how I want my life to demonstrate the love, mercy, compassion, and wisdom of Jesus. The answer is truly abiding..... in His word and in His presence!

I am thankful for...living in a country where the freedom to know and share the love of Jesus is still allowed... Oh, Father, protect this God given right.. I pray father, that in Your perfect will You will thwart any attempt of the enemy to rob us of the legal execution of our great commission.


I am wearing...jeans and a sweater.

I am remembering..the joy we experienced at the Women's Conference Saturday.. we were privileged to spend 5 hours with Liz Curtis Higgs, Christian author of Bad Girls of the Bible and many other wonderful books. I Left My heart in the Lowlands , a travelogue about Scotland is my particular favorite. Lizzie was funny, informative, so entirely engaging she had the audience of over 800 completely enraptured. I'm so glad that I got to introduce her to my two best friends, Dottie and Gerri!!


I am going... well, I cant help to say,,, even though I have several places written on my schedule for this week.. I really cant think about going because i just am not feeling well for the past few days.... my allergies are really getting to me.... they exacerbate my sinuses, thus I have a terrible headache, and the stomach just is in an uproar.... dot know if I'm going to make it out anywhere today!!Don't know that Ive ever shared that before.... but I'm thinking enough is enough!! Please pray for me if you think of it!!



I am currently reading...
Country Wives by Rebecca Shaw
Begin With Christ, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter


I am hoping..to be able to get out and do some walking this week... the temps are really moderating and the days do promise to be lovely....



On my mind...within the realm of anyone's influence there are people who are watching, and unfortunately they are judging every step we take to see if our walk matches out talk... Oh, that puts such a huge burden of responsibility on us....Father, give us the forebearence to choose rightly in everything we do and say!


Noticing that...
the days really are getting longer and the hope for spring is bursting forth all around us.


Pondering these words...

"The last fling of winter is over ... The earth, the soil itself, has a dreaming quality about it. It is warm
now to the touch; it has come alive; it hides secrets that in a moment, in a little while, it will tell."
- Donald Culross Peattie


From the kitchen..this weekend porkloin was the special of the day... so Im thinking a nice barbecue... one of Lynn's favorite and so easy to prepare!!
Photobucket
Around the house...the house is rather screaming for a general pick up following our special weekend...then, of course, there is the never ending ...laundry!

One of my favorite things...

well, here is another private confession... I really enjoy Facebook and the game FarmTown!

From my picture journal...
we enjoyed the sweetest fellowship Saturday night as we celebrated and honored our dear music pastor... Eddie!
Photobucket
Photobucket
One highlight was when the church musicians decided he needed more appropriate gloves for directing!
Photobucket
until next time!
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. AW, hope you start feeling better soon!! Drink some green tea!

    Love,
    amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had to confess - I really enjoy Farmville on Facebook! It's about all I get to play ;-))
    I hope you'll be feeling much better soon! I really love your blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, freedom of religion is much to be thankful for. I hope you feel better soon. Everyone will be able to see your music pastor as he directs now! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~