Monday, March 29, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window... March has been preparing to go out like a lion, unless there is a change in the weather.... it has been cool, rainy and windy the last few days... kind of achy bones weather.

I am thinking...what a marvelous trip Lynn and I enjoyed however, cool weather and all... we left last Thursday and spent 4 glorious days at Williamsburg, Virginia.

I am thankful for...the sweetness of time spent just focusing on each other.... after 38 years of marriage it is still wonderful to just refocus spend quality time together.

I am wearing...my aqua pullover and jeans

I am remembering.. all the fantastic meals we enjoyed on our trip... Carrabas... Christiana Campbell's Tavern, The RiverWalk on the York River, The Berkeley House Bed and Breakfast.


I am going... to be meeting Dottie soon for our usual cuppa coffee soon.... we need to catch up big time...


I am currently reading...

All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot
Begin With Christ, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter


I am hoping..to renew my mind, spirit, and body in a recommitment to healthful living this week



On my mind...I am really going to take time to listen to the Lord this week.... not only speak to him, and read His word but allow the Holy spirit to speak to me so I can know His will for my life.


Noticing that...
the trees are bursting out and the red buds will be blooming earlier than usual this year... I love red buds just about best of all the spring colors.

Pondering these words...


"The air is like a butterfly
With frail blue wings.
The happy earth looks at the sky
And sings."

- Joyce Kilmer, Spring


"Let the rain kiss you.
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby.
The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk.
The rain makes running pools in the gutter.
The rain plays a little sellp-song on our roof at night--
And I love the rain."
- Langston Hughes, 1902-1967, April Rain Song



From the kitchen..breakfast will be served for dinner tonight

Around the house.... the never ending flow of laundry... what else? Also, straightening up and putting away all the gear from our trip....we were too tired last night to put things away!!


One of my favorite things...
genealogy... I was thrilled to be able to purchase the Blair coat of arms at the Scotland House.

From my picture journal...

Photobucket
I took this photo toward the colonial Capitol at Williamsburg.... I love the sign of Edinburgh Castle... have no idea what kind of establishment that was for we were actually walking along there before the businesses opened.. on our way to the Raleigh Tavern bakery to purchase ginger cakes...
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! what a great entry and what a beautiful blog! I am a Virginia gal, born there and Williamsburg is just the greatest. So glad you got to visit there. I'll be going to the Hampton area next week to visit my Mom's family. Blessings abundant to you this Easter week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~