Monday, March 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window... a new day is dawning first Monday following daylight savings time and I had to get up early for school today.... (Yawn) it s going to be a little difficult this morning!!!


I am thinking...hope this will be a good day with the second graders.. this has been a very unusual year... This is only my second day to sub all year..

I am thankful for...for my church family! we have such a good time in fllowship... Last night following church all of us who could, about 10 of us went out for ice cream and it was such fun!


I am wearing...jeans my blue vee neck pullover and navy sweater.

I am remembering..a friend from elementary school, Sheila, ...we are actually getting together for lunch tomorrow. That should really prove fun and interesting! That takes me wayyyy back!!


I am going... to be having a very busy week.... teaching today, P. Buckley Moss meeting tonight, lunch tomorrow, Bible Study and take mom to the doctor on Wednesday, choir and luncheon Thursday, and prayer meeting breakfast on Saturday and dinner out with friends on Saturday... whew


I am currently reading...
finished up the first three books in the series of Rebecca Shaw, and have been left with a cliff hanger and the library doesnt have her 4th-6th books.... what am I going to do!!!!!
Starting All Things Bright and Beautiful, by James Herriot
Begin With Christ, Bible Study
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter


I am hoping..to be able to get out and do some walking this week... the temps are really moderating and the days do promise to be lovely....



On my mind...I am really going to take time to listen to the Lord this week.... not only speak to him, and read His word but allow the Holy spirit to speak to me so I can know His will for my life.


Noticing that...
the spring flowers are almost ready to burst into bloom! The daffodils are going to be so beautiful!


Pondering these words...
"Springtime is the land awakening.
The March winds are the morning yawn."
- Lewis Grizzard, Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You



From the kitchen..yesterday I prepared a lovely beef roast to enjoy tonight...we'll probably be eating on it for a dew days....


Around the house.things are in good shape... as I find time I will decorate the sunroom now that the temps are warmer and we actually will be going out there more... I so enjoy decorating seasonally. There are actually some wintery, snowman decorations still out there which really need to be put away.... no more snow... no more snow... please!!

One of my favorite things...

is flower arranging... I love to take old arrangement apart and make them over..

From my picture journal...
Photobucket
This is one of my most recent concoctions.... I love this wall container I bought a couple of years ago at Michael's... loving all things medieval, it reminds me of a quiver... and it is so large on the wall, it need does create quite the dramatic arrangements.... going along with the medieval influences in the room, I just wanted it to look like a bunch of weeds growing up along a wall.... pussy willow, greenery, and grasses... I loved the red leaf stems very spring-like yet I think rather unusual.
This week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

5 comments:

  1. So enjoyed reading your Simple Woman post...A few hours to blog hop tonight....Hope you will stop by mine....I have another giveaway starting tonight...

    Teresa
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all went well with your second graders! Maybe you will be able to find books 4-6 soon. Spring is certainly on it's way.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your daybook. Your flower arrangement is pretty. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning!

    I so enjoyed your Daybook! Sounds like you stay busy and I hope that you'll have a great week.

    I used to teach second grade for four years and then switched over to third grade, but now I teach my own children...Second graders are lots of fun, aren't they?

    Have a blessed day and a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I come by way of The Simple Woman....

    What a lovely floral arrangement. I'd like to have stuff like that on my walls, but it's "too girly" for the men in the house. lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~