Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tea Talk

1. I am enjoying roobios this morning as I am finishing Rebecca Shaw's wonderful book, Country Wives! What a delightful series... I can hardly wait to start the last in the series... Country Lovers. This series is set in modern day Yorkshire, yet in such a quaint locale it could be anytime during the past several years... life there is slow paced and genteel.. The action revolves around a country veterinarian practice.... the lives of the staffers and the locals who are indebted to their services. If you loved James Herriot's books you'd love these as well.
Photobucket

2. I'm feeling....true contentment this morning... life is good!
3. On my mind....this is a grand day for working out of doors... the flower beds are calling out to me this morning! Perhaps I'll even purchase some pansies to set out.... Now that would be lovely!
4.

Friends, books, a garden, and perhaps his pen,
Delightful industry enjoy'd at home,
An Nature, in her cultivated trim
Dress'ed to his taste, inviting him abroad -
Can he want occupation who has these?
- William Cowper, The Task, 1780

Now you will wish to join Ruth for more Tea Talk !

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carolyn, I almost missed this beautiful post. I think you forgot to leave your link on my list so others missed this too. I love everything you have in your picture. It is such a blessed feeling to be content, isn't it?

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~