Today I am sharing on Pink Saturday.
It is Anything Goes Saturday because I am more in a blue mood lately... Not sad, by no means.. because I just had my birthday yesterday, and it was grand.
My birthday began with Hubs bringing me a surprise...

Dearest does make my delicious Arabica coffee and fruited yogurt everyday but to have it served in bed was a royal treat! He is such a marvelous sweetheart!
Then at lunch we were so excited to be going to dine at a very special place..
We had heard nothing but rave reviews and the ambience promised to be a lovely time for all.
I could tell as I entered the front door this place was special..

and then as I turned to go in. I saw our best friends Dot and Bill

and I knew this was going to fun!!!

My day was panning out to be very memorable!!!
I has craving chocolate so I was determined to go light on lunch!!!

The special of the day was a crabcake on a brioche and a cup of watermelon and tomato gazpacho. I decided to be daring and Im so glad.. it was about 90 outside and that gazpacho was delicious!!!!
Of course, you cannot go wrong with crabcake on anything! YUM!!!
Other folks got these..


A sirloin burger with bacon tomato jam and the Cuban...
We were so excited when dessert came I forgot to snap a photo!..
it was very similar to this.

Warm chocolate cake with raspberry sorbet and creme anglaise.. let's just say it was gone in a hurry... and it didnt quench my chocolate craving. So Hubs did the unthinkable..

Oh, my goodness. let me just say half of this is going right into the freezer!!!
After our fabulous dining experience. Hubs actually dropped me off at Main Street Primitives...
My f avorite home boutique!!
I knew I had already spent a bit on some small appliances and other things so I was determined not to splurge... I fell in love with the primitive textiles.. that looked almost like a woven tapestry form the Middle ages.... marking that one for Christmas... and I fell in love with the candle sleeve lamp with the grazing sheep. OH my... There does come a time to say"NO! I don't really need it.. But I did buy a lovely candle that is on a timer.. I really like those for night lights and such... And I incorporated it into my new summer look on the mantel... Summer Wild flowers!!!
and I got a beautiful gray blue vase made just for hydrangeas.. I got it for the bedroom but it looks wonderful in the dining room , too!
Every room deserves a lift! HEhEh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~ I am so happy to have my return comments to you restored!