Today I am sharing on Pink Saturday.
Last week a group from my Sunday School class toured a local church, St. John Lutheran's Scripture Garden.. member and research author, Carolyn, shared about the many planting around the church... most all of which were spoken about in scripture... like these reeds... like the ones in which baby Moses was hidden in Egypt!
Carolyn has research many historical botanical studies form Israel and it's environs and she very carefully has added specimens that tell amazing stories. Many believe that the manna that rained from heaven was closely connected to coriander.. seen here with its white blooms... beside that to the right is mustard.. although this is not the mustard that grows into a tall tree from the parables.
Careful arrangment of all types of plants makes for a beautiful entrance to the church!
I love the lamb's ear with its velvety texture.. We all know of whom this refers!
Many herbs are mixed in with the shrubs and trees.. each one that has a specific scruptural reference has its own garden sign with name and text printed on it.I wish I could remember all the species mentioned.
Many of the various blooms of flowers in scripture had already bloomed out this season...
Another space was designated just for plants of the desert regions.. including aloe, yucca, prickly pear, and sage brush..
I love these onions in bloom!!
and this Israeli thistle is gorgeous , but watch out! Yikes!
Nearby is the gorgeous fig tree ... Eve sewned these leaves together to hide their nakedness. I dont think I'd want to wear fig leaves.. the would be quite scratchy!
All in all, it was a wonderful garden that honors the precious Word of God!











What a clever idea and a beautiful garden.
ReplyDelete