Monday, July 25, 2016

The Simple Woman Day Book


For Today~ July 25, 2016

Looking out my window... 
Haha, it is so hot here, we are keeping the blinds drawn attempting to keep the extreme heat at bay.. scorching outside!!!
I am thinking..
about our daughter and her family... who have bought their new home, then put their condo on the market... they are learning by the fire of experience the ins and outs of home ownership, the real estate pitfalls, bids and offers.. and desire to make it all work out to every one's advantage.Praying for God's best for all concerned.

I am thankful..
for air conditioning and praying for the power companies to have no spikes or failures!

I am wearing...
my khaki shorts and dark green cami and green gauze cover shirt... stying cool and inside for today...

I am watching...
I so enjoyed the Signed, Sealed and Delivered marathon yesterday on Hallmark... I don't know what Id do without Hallmark... 

I am still reading...
both books that I received for my birthday last week.. both are fabulous!!!!

#1 New York Times bestselling author Eric Metaxas delivers an extraordinary book that is part history and part rousing call to arms, steeped in a critical analysis of our founding fathers' original intentions for America.
and 

An inspirational guide to help women explore their relationships with themselves, their mates, and with God, teaching women how to transform pain into fuel for future achievement and closeness to the Lord.

I am listening to...
Pandora...my Celtic station.... so soothing!

I am hoping... 
for rain tomorrow and some the rest of the week..

I am learning...
find my peace in God alone... peace that lasts and is trustworthy!

In the kitchen...
yesterday I made a pitcher of fresh squeezed lemonade , today I will make a lovely chef salad for lunch and probably have left- overs for supper.... this is definitely not a cooking kind of day! 

In my garden~
just trying to keep things watered... especially my poor baby hydrangeas.... and the potted plants on the porch!
Otherwise, it is all I can do to keep hubs in the house.... he stays outside too long working these days!

Board Room
shared from my pinterest board 
on days like these this is my secret place..

Shared Quote
A moment from my day...

my joy!
Closing Notes
Psalm 33
1 Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
2 Praise the Lord with the harp;
make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
3 Sing to him a new song; 
play skillfully, and shout for joy. 
4 For the word of the Lord is right and true; 
he is faithful in all he does. 

5 The Lord loves righteousness and justice; 
the earth is full of his unfailing love. 
6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, 
their starry host by the breath of his mouth. 
7 He gathers the waters of the sea into jars 
he puts the deep into storehouses. 
8 Let all the earth fear the Lord; 
let all the people of the world revere him. 
9 For he spoke, and it came to be; 
he commanded, and it stood firm. 
10 The Lord foils the plans of the nations; 
he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. 
11 But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, 
the purposes of his heart through all generations. 
12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, 
the people he chose for his inheritance. 
13 From heaven the Lord looks down 
and sees all mankind; 
14 from his dwelling place he watches 
all who live on earth— 
15 he who forms the hearts of all, 
who considers everything they do.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Schotzy:
    What a wonderful post. We are down in the 80's and loving it! I was actually cold......so I figured that out that this winter I will be cold after being so hot. Lots going on at your place - keep those blinds down and watch Hallmark - sounds like a plan! It was so hot 2 days ago - I thought OK I'll just bake cookies after all, it's already hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA, Bernideen, I can imagine those cookies of yours decorating a tea plate for this week's tea party!...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your post. It's winter here so I kinda like reading about summer things.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~