click icon to return to Susanne's Place.
- Well, July 2016 will mark another birthday for me...one in which I just received an invitation to AARP... which I threw in the waste basket, thank you very much! I do not need any reminders!! But life is sweet with my dearest and age is just a number after all! Just a week ago we switched sunglasses as we enjoyed our mountain view of the Poconos... heheh I remember it seemed just yesterday when in college I perused the latest bride magazine and dreamed about a honeymoon in the Poconos ... this wasn't quite what I envisioned.. but hey... I made it to the Poconos!
- One of the main items on our bucket list for this summer was to redo the bedroom and we were well on our way to have accomplished this... one thing that we did this week was to purchase a new reading chair.. after spending many shopping excursions it was so good to finally find the one that fits the space and looks just right...
But just as our daughter reminded us.. the more nice and new items we replace the worse it makes the carpet look...this horrid indoor outdoor carpet has been a bane to us all these years, but we just covered it over with area rugs and never looked down.. because it is partially glued down as we learned years ago when we did remove it from daughter's room because of her allergies... it is a huge pain to remove!!! But Hubs pealed back some of it yesterday and the glue is so old it scraped right up so maybe we can get this task accomplished next week or so! yayayayayayayaya!
At the same time I did a bit of July decorating ...just a tiny bit...can you find it??
- Yesterday we had the windows in the bedroom measured for shutters... I am so thrilled because they will be installed on the outside of the casing so they can be opened back fully to invite the outdoors in.... and then closed at night,... no more blinds or shades... the down side.. a 2 month wait! Lord, give me patience!!!Meanwhile, hubs begins painting the woodwork... looking so beautiful I can almost cry with happiness..
- Last night I started a new Bible study with my evening Bible Study friends.. I love this group of women who worked during the day just never got the chance to do Bible studies like their other church friends... many are teachers and nurses... my kind of people! hehehe ( I taught school for 30 years) But we share so many of the same concerns and circumstances.)Anyway the study is Seamless, by Angie Smith.
- "In seven sessions, Seamless covers the people, places, and promises of the Bible, tying them together into the greater story of Scripture. Participants will gain an overarching understanding of the fundamental layout and meaning of God's Word. " We had amazing discussion and this study is going to be wonderful.... So glad I am doing it!!