Friday, July 1, 2016

Random Photo and Favorite Five Friday

click icon to return to Susanne's Place.
  • Well,  July 2016 will mark another birthday for me...one in which I  just received an invitation to AARP...  which I threw in the  waste basket, thank you very much!   I do not need any reminders!!  But life is  sweet  with my  dearest  and  age is just a number after all! Just  a week ago  we  switched sunglasses  as we  enjoyed  our mountain view of the Poconos... heheh I remember it seemed just  yesterday  when in college  I perused the  latest  bride magazine  and  dreamed about a honeymoon in the Poconos ... this wasn't   quite     what I envisioned..  but hey... I made it to the Poconos! 



  • One of the main  items on our bucket list for this summer was to  redo the  bedroom  and we were well on our way to have accomplished  this...  one thing that we did  this week was  to purchase  a new  reading chair..  after spending many  shopping excursions  it was so  good to finally find the one that  fits the space and looks just right...

But just as  our daughter  reminded us.. the more   nice and  new items we  replace the  worse it makes the carpet look...this  horrid   indoor outdoor carpet has been  a bane to us  all these years,  but we just covered it over with  area rugs and never looked down.. because  it is  partially glued down as we learned years ago when we did  remove it from  daughter's room because of her allergies...  it is a huge pain to  remove!!! But  Hubs  pealed  back some of it yesterday and the  glue is so old it scraped right up so  maybe  we can get this task accomplished next week or so!  yayayayayayayaya!





  • This is  pretty bad...   but  yayayaya.... yesterday I went around the house and removed all the Easter  bunnies and    super  spring  decor.. I mean it is the Fourth of July after all!  I love bunnies.. sad to see them  go to their 'burrow' in the basement!







  • At the same time I did a bit of  July decorating  ...just a tiny bit...can you find it?? 


    • Yesterday we had the windows in the bedroom measured for  shutters...  I am so thrilled because they will be  installed on the  outside  of the casing so they can be opened back fully to   invite the outdoors in....  and then closed  at night,...  no more blinds or shades...  the down side..  a 2 month wait!   Lord, give me patience!!!Meanwhile, hubs begins  painting the woodwork...  looking so  beautiful I can almost cry with happiness..
    • Last night I started  a new Bible study with  my  evening  Bible Study friends..  I love this group of women who worked during the day just never got the chance to  do  Bible studies like  their  other  church friends... many are  teachers and nurses...  my kind of  people!  hehehe  ( I taught school for 30 years)  But we  share so many of the same  concerns and    circumstances.)Anyway the study is  Seamless, by Angie Smith.
    • Seamless - Student Book   
    • "In seven sessions, Seamless covers the people, places, and promises of the Bible, tying them together into the greater story of Scripture. Participants will gain an overarching understanding of the fundamental layout and meaning of God's Word" We had amazing  discussion and    this study is  going to be wonderful....  So glad  I am doing it!!

    9 comments:

    1. Happy Birthday to you! I keep throwing my AARP invites in the trash too! They just don't give up! I love the photo in your header, hydrangeas and flags are so pretty. It feels so good to get house projects done, and you have a lovely home. So warm and welcoming. Happy 4th to you!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. THanks for the kind comments.... I love hydrangeas.... mind got off to a slow start with alate freeze... but they are coming around!

        Delete
    2. Happy birthday to you! I've been throwing those AARP things away for years. Nice chair! The shutters will be really nice.

      ReplyDelete
    3. We are waiting to re-do parts of our house, because we know that once we start, it's all going to have to be re-done if we don't want it to look both great and awful!!! Happy birthday!!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Well I had to google AARP but can understand why you would trash their paperwork lol. I voluntarily gave up work over a year ago and everyone keeps asking how I like being retired. I'm not retired! No sign of any pension for a long time yet. I'm just choosing not to do paid work. Your home looks lovely. Hope you get the carpet sorted.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. AS a teacher I got my 30 years in and cried, "UNCLE". So I retired at age 53.... but didnt start collecting for some years later..when I consider that I taught school for 30 years ( 13 years ago..) I can hardly believe it,.. it was a lifetime ago... Thank you for your visit and kind remarks! Happy Fourth!

        Delete
    5. Ha ha....just wait till you are almost 65 then the notices are as frequent as Christmas catalogs in October! I did spot the red white and blue! Sounds like you are making some good renovations. It took us 15 years to finally replace the old carpeting we bought our home with. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Bless your pea-pickin heart.. I turn 66 this week... and I am hoping with all my heart that this ole carpet will be a faint memory before autumn!!!Happy fourth!

        Delete
    6. Happy Birthday to you! I've heard of the Poconos and that it is a lovely place. Sounds like you are getting lots done around your home! Happy July 4th!

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~