

Well, our dining room
has been blue with red and white for some time it seems.. so it was time to mix it up.... I am enjoying now a much lighter happy, and feminine look... using some ironstone dishes I purchased from Marshall's a few seasons ago... I wish I had more of this pattern... I dont even know it's name but it is very romantic!
To quote some words from an online source... a summer romance is serendipidous.. where you are free to be more of yourself...it has to do with basking in the glow of light and love and everything good!! So when I thought about summer romance I thought of these lovely plates
and thought what can I pull together to make me feel happy and enjoy the basking in the light of goodness of love...and I thought of my rose glass collection..
Now I will be ready when a friend jsut happens to pop in around luncheon.... I love it when that happens!!!
I thought of the scrolling candalabra whose bronzy finish mimics the goldish scrollwork on the plates...
I could have just added pink napkins, but then when I think of lazy, hazy summer days I think of home as a child.. and my mama loved to mix up her decor as much as I do... and one of her favorite phases that I loved was her mixing of brown together with pink in her bedroom when I was about 6... I thought it was absolutely heavenly... so I rolled out the brown linens and folded them into my favorite fleur de-lys shape...in crystal glass.. now the table really warms my heart with sweet memories and golden promises...
To finish my post I want to share this song that was echoing in my memory... we used to have beautiful instrumental music playing on sumemr days and this one is perfection!
Excuse the ad at the beginning, but please, give it a listen. it is divinely lovely!!!
Very romantic. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet home.
ReplyDelete