Monday, July 18, 2016

The Simple Woman Day Book



For Today~ July 18, 2016


Looking out my window... 

Another  bright morning  ushering in a 90 degree  day....  

I am thinking..
how important  this week is to the  future of the freedoms we have    enjoyed  for the last 240 years
Also,  just how far reaching the evil is that has been unleashed on our communities...

I am thankful...
I  am thankful   that for now we still have the freedom to gather together to pray, worship and  share the Good News of the Gospel..this morning  my prayer group gathered to pray for the nation and  the mercy of the Lord!

I am wearing...
My white blouse and  blue gingham   Capri's.
I am watching...
the  beginning of the RNC  and the  news  report about the shootings in Baton Rouge.




I am reading...
both books that I received for my birthday last week..   both are  fabulous!!!!
If You Can Keep It: The Forgotten Promise of American Liberty Eric Metaxas
#1 New York Times bestselling author Eric Metaxas delivers an extraordinary book that is part history and part rousing call to arms, steeped in a critical analysis of our founding fathers' original intentions for America.




and


Image result for TD JAKES
An inspirational guide to help women explore their relationships with themselves, their mates, and with God, teaching women how to transform pain into fuel for future achievement and closeness to the Lord.




I am listening to...
The news on the radio




I am hoping... 
that God isn't finished with the US and His hand of protection will  continue to   preserve us...  that the Church will  continue to awaken to the need to be  praying more fervently   for sake of our children and  the future of our nation.

I am learning...
find my peace in God alone... peace that lasts and  is  trustworthy!



In the kitchen... 

Watercress Soup

Image result for watercress soup


Ingredients

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla), chopped
2 small russet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped
4 celery ribs, chopped (about 2 cups)
4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth, plus more for thinning soup
1 cup milk, plus more for thinning soup
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 cups torn watercress, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Garnishes: sour cream or crème fraîche, parsley, watercress leaves

Preparation


1. Melt butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; reduce heat to medium-low, and sauté, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until onion is tender. Add potato and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.

2. Add broth and next 3 ingredients; bring to a low boil over medium-high. Reduce heat; simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat; stir in watercress and parsley. Let cool slightly.

3. Pour soup in 2 batches into bowl of a food processor or blender, and puree until very smooth. (Or puree soup directly in pot with an immersion blender.) Pour soup back in pot to warm if serving hot, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, if soup is too thick, add more milk or stock. Garnish, if desired.

In my garden~
One of  my most welcoming  and  lovely    sights  as I  arrive home each day is the  pot of  luscious   trailing vine petunias...  They have  grown so well and  look so vibrant... I just love them by my back door!

Board Room
shared from my pinterest board 
17 Snacks That Power Up Weight Loss: Spicy Yogurt Dip and Veggies http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-recipes/17-snacks-power-weight-loss?s=15&?cm_mmc=Yahoo_Blog-_-PVN_Shine-_-15%20Small%20Changes%20For%20Faster%20Weight%20Loss-_-17%20Snacks%20That%20Power%20Up%20Weight%20Loss:
Prevention Magazine


Article from

Prevention Magazine








Shared Quote
Image result for encouraging quotes

A moment from my day...
My birthday luncheon with my BFF's..

Closing Notes




Psalm 32
Of David. A maskil.

Blessed is the one
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit.
When I kept silent,
my bones wasted away
through my groaning all day long.
For day and night
your hand was heavy on me;
my strength was sapped
as in the heat of summer.
Then I acknowledged my sin to you
and did not cover up my iniquity.
I said, “I will confess
my transgressions to the Lord.”
And you forgave
the guilt of my sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~