Now I want to join along with Sandi at No Place Like Home.
Well, Im a bit sad... I was planning all day to take a cutting from our hydrangea to make my first bouquet of the season... and I didnt realize that the blooms were so far gone... actually the plant took such a hit with a late killing frost the blooms were really slow to come in... but obviously, I needed to pay more attention.. and then suddenly a terrible storm came up and it rained so hard that the nicer blooms are bent over to the ground and are looking like they've been through the wars... so I will go back in time and find a time when my blooms were looking pristine!!!
So zing!
It is July 2012.. and the day is simply lovely... no rain.. no humidity... and the hydrangea was perky and gorgeous!
So zing!
It is July 2012.. and the day is simply lovely... no rain.. no humidity... and the hydrangea was perky and gorgeous!
such inspiration for a bit of a tea party just for me!
A bit of fruit,a cucumber sandwich, and a cinnamon doughnut along with a pot of tea.. just for me!!!
I see my Royal Albert, Flowers by the Month cup with Roobioos tea... This very well might have a birthday gift to myself.. sounds like me!!!
Everything in the garden looks fo verdantly lush.... quite a bit of difference.... I can understand wanting to be outside on that day...But I am loving the beautiful blooms that are in various stages of maturity... from subtle green... to white...to blue so gorgeous! There is nothing as pretty as blue hydrangeas to me....
Also sharing on
Spoken like a true tea lover!! And I also like all the foods you put on your plate! Those hydrangeas are so very pretty. I hope to add some to my garden. Thanks for a lovely post!
ReplyDeleteDear Schotzy:
ReplyDeleteI have seen the space of your teapot before but never the design which is darling with the lady. The July Forget Me Not cup and saucer is also ever so lovely! Thanks so much for participating in my link party and sharing! You bet - there's HOPE!
What a lovely outdoor setting! I've always been a fan of the RA flower of the month teacups.
ReplyDeleteGood morning Schotzy,
ReplyDeleteSounds like your posies took a hit just like my roses did. It has been so cold here that they have stopped blooming and I'm so disappointed. Usually they bloom for at least six weeks but they only lasted about two.
Your hydrangeas are so lush and gorgeous and perfect with your tea things. That teapot adorned with the lady is very elegant and your July teacup is a delight. Such a pretty tea time! Isn't it nice you can go back and find such a pretty post that lifts your spirits? I'm so glad you shared with us. Have a lovely day.
Blessings,
Sandi
Wow! What a different perspective. From Southern California we would absolutely love to share in your rain. We go outside and dust ash from nearby fires off our front door step. But we have hope..... in rain someday.
ReplyDeleteDear Schotzy:
ReplyDeleteThis post was featured on my blog today - congratulations.