Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Bit of Soul Time for Me


Sometimes it is just great  to set apart a special time  for oneself...  a quiet time  on a   cloudy, cool  May day   to enjoy  life's  sweet pleasures and reflect...  SO     I shared  a time with myself  devoted to beauty and   solitude...
Part of the fun of  celebrating life  with oneself is in the  planning , yet the effortless  way  such a time can  unfold...a  garden party for one  was    imagined  yesterday  as I  was enjoying the" blues" of the season.

Photobucket
 the majesty of the     blossoms  unfurled..
Photobucket
a simple  luncheon of    cucumber  sandwiches and fruit,  actually the   tangible food    was  really an after thought, for the real food  was the  spirit lifting  loveliness of the  occasion!
Photobucket
The tea    was my newest  infusion of    green and white tea   which I am using  for  its health benefits for  energy  and  slacking the appetite.  I found it at Fresh Market  and it  really is quite  tasty..
and the more delicious  enjoyed  from  my  beautiful  Royal Albert  Flower of the Month Series  cup  depicting beautiful For-get-me nots!
Photobucket
a very contemplative  teatime
Photobucket
to    be thankful for   wonderful family and friends and all the blessings of life!
And  to  enjoy the loveliness of simplicity and    good cheer!
Photobucket
even on a    "blue" and    threatening day!   
I  was so  fortunate to  find this    beautiful.  remnant of fabric at Joanne's  yesterday morning  for quite a song!!!
Bernideen's Tea Time 


 Ruth's Thursday Tea talk
Tea Talk Thursday


1. I'm having...Infusion of green and white tea

2. I'm feeling....blessed and loved


3. On my mind....wishing everyday could unfold as wonderfully sweet as this day

4. “I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness.”  

5 comments:

  1. wonderfully blessed teatime!
    thank you for sharing the JoY and Rest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK THAT IS GREAT.......TAKING A LITTLE TIME FOR YOURSELF.....WE SHOULD ALL DO THAT ONCE IN A WHILE.......YOU MADE A LOVELY TEA AND SANDWICHES.....VERY NICE.......RIZZI

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful tea post! Loved everything in it! what a delightful tea time.
    If you noticed in one of the pictures in my Tea Talk post a card you sent for me long time ago, that's the last one of the bunch and it was given away to a dear friend who celebrated her birthday. Just so you know how little things bring delight to many hearts.

    Thank you for linking this beautiful post to Tea Talk.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so important to take some time for you. This is a lovely way to do ti. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop Big Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Schotzy, it is a wonderful thing to take time out for ourselves - it is good for us and for our families. You have set a very lovely tablesetting to enjoy your surroundings - Perfect! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    ]Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~