Thursday, May 31, 2012

Simple is the Word




Simple is the Word


Tablescape Thursday
It's Thursday, and    time to consider  fresh new tablescapes...  even though  TT isnt up and running this week...  I am also  sharing on  Favorite Things Thursday..
Thursday Favorite Things
I am  inspired by the    simplicity of the  late spring   hutch                 arrangement... 

Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket,
 to  keep it simple for  our luncheon!
I picked these gorgeous  bird plates up at Marshall's for a song last summer...
    but for  luncheon .
  why not  something even more  simple and cooling for our  cooling  salads!
Besides, it is just the two of us....
  On   those hot muggy days,,  an intimate luncheon in the coolest room of the house....
  bring out the  small round  side table...  cover it with  my  gorgeous bird house cloth that  celebrates the    jewel-tones of  summer...
June2011029
 and set  the jewel-green  glass  plates  and tumblers
  for an exquisite, cool  salad  luncheon....
June2011034


June2011036
 Simple is    a good word for this time of year when things  can become too hectic for  words, and    time is of the essence....
and   if it puts a smile on this face...  I'm  truly happy!!!!
Photobucket
Recipe for  the  Cranberry  Pecan  Chicken Salad
1 large can of cook  white  chicken   shredded
1/2 c mayo
1/2 c dried cranberries
 1/3 c  chopped toasted pecans
1/3/ c sweet pickle relish
  1/2 c or half   small jar of mandarin oranges  chopped
I  chopped hard boiled egg
1/2 c chopped celery
season to  taste  serve  chilled
  I have added  frozen peas  to this  right out of the freezer to speed up the chilling process  
Sometimes I use sugared  toasted pecans  which adds a  zingy sweetness to  the  mix... YUM!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh your hutch is gorgeous and I love your beautiful bird plates and the birdhouse is stunning. Your tablescape is beautifully put together and lunch looks amazing. I would love some. Very pretty. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post and that smile at the end is the cherry on top. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Hugs and wishes for a beautiful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~