Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Little Bit Country

Click the photo  above to visit  our host  and  enjoy more  vignettes!Today I am going a little bit country....  well,  Im  inspired by my trip last week to Lancaster, PA....
IN one particular shop I  saw  many  items depicting one of my favorite primitive symbols...
Photobucket
The weeping willow  has always  meant a lot to me... as a teacher traveling  25  miles to school each day  I was always    thrilled to see the weeping willows along the stream bank in the  rural town in which I taught  begin to "green"   it was  my first harbinger of spring.. thus the hope that  summer wouldnt be far behind!!
But more than that, this country design also  has a symbolic meaning that  is dear to me....
It is the Colonial symbol for eternal life...
so I got rather  excited when I found this adorable  light in a  crock pot with the weeping willow design...
Photobucket.
Paired with  the   bowl I already had collected and my Willow figures, it   spoke to me  as a clear remindet of our  lovely trip to Amish Country...
Photobucket
  Seeing the Amish children    with the animals on the farms   was  so heart warming...and the best other  item I could  balance  this vignette  is my mom's vintage Fapco  hen.. I grew up seeing this  hen on the bar   that separated our kitchen from our dining room  as a child....It is  at least 80years old  as my grandmother had given to mom as a house warming gift..... one of my  favorite treasures...
Photobucket
So there you have my Tabletop Tuesday  ... the hutch in my kitchen....

2 comments:

  1. All these years, and I never knew the story of that hen! Very sweet :)

    Your breakfast tea looked delish- definitely wish I could have been there for a scone (or 2!).

    Have a good rest of the week!
    love,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it. So pretty. You know I love the cloche, it is perfect and the weeping willow display is fabulous. Beautiful vignette. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~