Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flag Day




Happy Flag Day
It's Thursday, and    time to consider  fresh new tablescapes...    I am also  sharing on  Favorite Things Thursday..
Thursday Favorite Things
I  can't be my grandfather's  oldest grand daughter without being  totally patriotic and    deeply  enthralled by the greatness of our nation...  Our Founding Fathers  were    giants among men...  dedicated to preservation  of our nation    through the  freedom documents they crafted...   securing  our freedoms and    rights  under  God's  laws  as  described in  the Bible...    it saddens me terribly that there are many in our government today  who  a re  trying to  remove God from every    part of our society    and rewrite  our  wonderful history...  I know we made  mistakes along the way and  have not been perfect, but    our history  shows that when other nations of the world were in  deep trouble they knew they could turn to us for  help and    aid...  our  compassion and    fight for their freedom is what set us apart from the world...
  SO  whenever we can celebrate our patriotism I love   to pull out the stops and    fly the colors...  Today is Flag Day!
Flag Day - the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. While Flag Day was celebrated in various communities for years after Wilson's proclamation, it was not until August 3rd, 1949, that President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.
  If it's Flag Day it's   time to put the  flag up and it will remain  through  the Fourth of July!
Photobucket
Sitting on the porch  I can  enjoy the  flutter of  the  Stars and Stripes    in the gentle  June breezes  of the afternoon..   and, of course ,   that inspires me to  set our  dinner out    in celebration!
Photobucket
  The flag    waves valiantly a t our house.. we proudly  raise the standard  to    commemorate the  bravery of  family and friends who served our nation  well and  courageously! 
Photobucket 
So the table was set..
Photobucket 
 I love my new  cloth  purchased this week at Kohl's for  half off!...   At $7.00 it was quite  a good price!!
Photobucket 
Photobucket
  Lynn actually brought our dinner home tonight  from  church... barbecue  and baked beans    were tasty compliments to my fresh strung and cooked  green beans...   I couldnt believe my eyes  when I bought them  for  .69/lb yesterday at Krogers...  
Photobucket
Photobucket
So there you have my impromptu  patriotic    dinner for two!
A dinner that  comes that easily together leaves me plenty of time to take off my hat and  enjoy a chapter or two of Laura Child's  English Breakfast Murder Mystery!
Photobucket
And I  do thank  the Lord for  a bit of  time ...     that I truly was not expecting .....  when  I could just  take  time to  put this together tonight!!  What a blessing it was to me!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your patriotic table. Happy Flag Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Happy Flag Day. New follower from a blog hop, would love if you followed back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful and patriotic, love the hat too. Thank you for your bloggy friendship and for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Linky Party xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~