Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sista Luncheon

Preview
It's Thursday,  and today  I  have been so privileged to  host my dear prayer sista's  for luncheon...

Photobucket


I am also  sharing on  Favorite Things Thursday..  because nothing  is more  fun to me than  that!!!

Thursday Favorite Things
  
Of course, this still being hydrangea season,  I  cut some  lovely blossoms  this morning  and mixed in some  store bought white  mums  to  give an effect of daisies....  as I was  inspired by my  table topper I decorated with  blue  white, and yellow... very cheery indeed!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
  It is so hot and humid here today, the cool blues were a  refreshing respite...
Photobucket

My white  South Hampton  china from Mikasa    on  alternating yellow and blue mats   suited the occasion.
Photobucket
I never tire of my  Zwilling J.A. Henckles, Vintage  1876
 stainless...   the quality, patina, and  weightiness of it  is timeless..!!
   
It  goes with  everything, every occasion!
Photobucket
When the ladies  first entered the dining room,     there was a collective, "ah,",,   the  cooling atmosphere   and tone of the  setting  was just so  right for  the hot morning..
To begin our  luncheon  I  was a delighted to serve  a new  recipe  for me....
  Ice cold gazpacho



3 cups spicy vegetable juice

1/3 cup chopped Roma tomatoes (approximately 3)

1 cup chopped red bell pepper

1 cup chopped green bell pepper

1/2 cup seeded and chopped cucumber

1/2 cup chopped red onion

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 teaspoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

 • In the work bowl of a food processor, combine 1 cup vegetable juice, tomatoes, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, cucumber, 

onion, cilantro, and garlic. Process to desired consistency.

Repeat with remaining juice and vegetables.

• Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce. Cover,

and refrigerate for 4 hours.
I had received this recipe in an email from Tea Time magazine this week .. and inside that was a huge listing of wonderful tea party recipes found here,
and it was very simple to pull together this morning!!
I wish I had taken a photo of my salad... but things got so exciting I forgot... heheheh. but now that the fresh basil is so prolific I made a sliced tomato, fresh sliced mozzarella, and cut up fresh basil salad.. and I baked a loaf of tuscan bread served with creamery butter,, while the gals provided Chic Filet's chicken strips, slaw, and a fresh fruit bowl, and a most decadent chocolate pie from Marie Callendar! Might I add, a great time was had by all!!!!!!!!!!!







1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh....I hope you liked the gazpacho! It's a wonderful spring soup! I know it's a little different, but it is just SO tasty!!!! You did right by the ladies to use such cheery colors for your luncheon. The daisy overlay is really, really pretty! These colors and happy design elements would turn any frown upside down! :-) Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~