Monday, June 11, 2012

My Poached Egg Success!!


A Delightsome Life
Kathy of   The Delightsome Life  hosts this  beautiful theme each week...    to  be retired  and  have  some  bit of time to  take  a leisurely    breakfast together  is  one    time  my sweetie and I have carved out of our day... before the concerns of  taking care of  aging parents and church  demands    infiltrate  our hours...   so   we   really try to  make each  breakfast  special   and  I  enjoy  experimenting!!  I have  discovered baked eggs  several ways,  and  this time   I am thrilled to share my new way to poach eggs...  Our daughter, ever the  budding  chef....  has mastered  poaching  eggs in a pot of boiling water and they come out  gorgeous  just like a picture in a book.... but no matter how hard I tried, mine  would  come apart and   make a stringy unappetizing mess ,  until I  read  in a recipe where  the cook  was using a frying pan instead of a pot...   I  immediately saw the benefit of this so was determined to give it a try!
  So I put about 3 fingers of water in a frying pan and added about 2 T vinegar  to the water and set it on high to bring it to a boil.
Photobucket
Meanwhile in a small  dish I broke  the egg,  and in boiling water I carefully slid the egg into the water.. I  did this with  all 4 eggs one at a time careful to keep each egg in  in its own space... not touching....
Photobucket 
 Now I love my egg  soft boiled but  Lynn likes his done   so    I  stood sentinel over them  watching them carefully  and  just  love the    delicate manner in which they    curl around  as they  cook....  I  turned the  temp down  just so   they would cook  evenly and not too fast....  and  I also  gently  used my  turner to slip under each one to make sure they were floating in the water..
Photobucket 
Soon the whites  were  cooking and    curling  even more  up and over the  yolk..     I  started to  spoon  the boiling water over top of the    yolks  on Lynn's eggs  to  cook  the tops    and when I was  sure the whites were cooked I removed mine from the pan  with a wire   spoon to drain all the water carefully    then placed the eggs on a nice toasted  English muffin..
Photobucket  
A  tasty    slice of  country ham and a  fresh fruit cup  made for a  wonderfully special breakfast    and  I love how   the clean up    was  so easy...  the pan     was  very much easier to wash than those little poached egg cups I had been using!!!  
Photobucket      
 The ham cooked for   about 3 and a half minutes in the microwave on a paper towel...      a breakfast  fit for a queen and king... in our estimation!!!
 A breakfast like this is so reminiscent of  a bed and breakfast morning  that  we  love so much....
    we can  return to loveliness  each morning  we give  this gift of time to each other!!!

4 comments:

  1. The gift of time is the most precious gift we can offer one an other.. and your breakfast looks so yummy!! HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love starting the day in this way, usually on a non-busy morning or during the holiday season, when over a special cooked breakfast,I can sit, relax, maybe read and take some me time.Your poached eggs on muffins look perfect! Have a wonderful day! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poached eggs have been my favorite since I was a child. My father taught me that exact way of preparing them, and I still do it that way. Your breakfast looks delish. I am looking forward to the day my husband and I can share our breakfast time, too.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I have heard that frying pans work best - It is lovely to have a morning routine together before the cares of the day take over - we make sure we pray together before Dearest leaves and when he returns we have a lovely time together catching up! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~