Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hearts and Roses



My  valentine   decorations  have     turned my   home to  a  celebration looking  forward to  the   rebirth  of  spring....  as I   gathered together   my silk roses....

O my Luve's like a red, red rose, 
That's newly sprung in June: 
O my Luve's like the melodie, 
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

Last week   I got to thinking  on  Robert Burns   as I reminisced  about   our old days in the Scottish Society  which   connected me to  the  idea   that     Lynn  always   gives me   gorgeous roses for  valentines....     when  roses of various  hues  come together, the  affect is  so   beautiful...
 I  was  so fortunate to   discover at  Main Street Primitives  in Salem, the  most gorgeous  spring and summer     garland  to which I   added  a string of lights..  I   just love the   effects of  a lighted garland....  no matter the season...

I, at first,  added in  a few  birds, but then  I   realized that   angels  were  more  appropriate for  Valentine's  Day.....   for the greatest love  we  experience  is God's love and     His messengers    bring  His love  to us    in gifts of blessing and   sustaining power...
 I must say I   scoured the shops for   something   of a vintage nature   for  my valentine decor   and  the primitive store   yielded up these   fine   items...


 Mounted on   a  secure   resin like  backing     these perfect  little hearts  were  just  what I was   searching for...


 A  valentine angel   at the forge.... using the  fire of  the  Spirit to   remind of  us the   strength and   forbearance of   a  God- given love  we  share  with  others

 Upon   a study of   roses  in  Christian   texts   the rose  in the  old   Christian  Greek texts  was  symbolic of   paradise,   a harbinger of  spring   and of  virtue....Our hearts  sing  in joy   and beautiful    love songs to  loved ones and to God  much like a rose  offers up  its beauty to   the  world!

 Happy Valentine's Day and   Happy  Pink Saturday!



For more  PS   visit Beverly here!!
 I am also  sharing on 
Table Top Tuesday.
 A Return to Loveliness

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is totally beautiful! I love all you've done on your mantel. Valentine Day here you come.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect Valentine's display! I really like this a lot! HPS and enjoy your weekend. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful!

    Please come and peek at my PINK.
    Your comment is always a joy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THIS is an inspirational as well as beautiful message. (())

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely Valentine display! Everything is gorgeous :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post! I love the vintage hearts,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such a gorgeous rose centerpiece and the heart are so lovely. Beautiful vignette. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~