Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Sweet Baboo and Me


Happy Valentine's Day 

My day was wonderful from  start to finish....
This morning  Lynn   presented me with a dozen red roses

My favorites!

Soon after  the roses arrived  we had to leave for the eye clinic..  Lynn had his second cataract surgery
so I  had dinner  simmering in the  crock pot!

Evening  candlelight set our  homey  romantic mood..... 

I  had   prepared this  Quinoa Mediterranean Salad   last night  and it was    served ice cold....
recipe  to follow...    


This  is  Apricot Venetian Chicken   much like that served at Olive Garden   but this is  a crock pot recipe... and it is heavenly!
  The sauce is    fabulous!
I served up  dishes of the sauce and  slices of  foccacia  bread  for sopping....   a    must  with this recipe!!!!  So  delicious! 
 Of course, we exchanged our  valentines  
and  leisurely  enjoyed the dessert!!!!! 

 It  was   a delectable meal   for a  very  special   couple...  my Sweet Baboo and me!!!!!
 Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
1 cup quinoa (dry)
2 cups water
1/3 cup apricot or mango chutney
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2 Tbsp. olive oil (I use light oil)
1/2 cup golden or natural raisins
1 can canned rinsed garbanzo beans (I use 3 bean blend Kroger)
1/2 cup diced red or orange pepper
1/3 cup minced red or sweet onion
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Makes 6 cups. Prepare quinoa according to directions on box. Some quinoa requires 2 minutes of rinsing before cooking for 20 minutes. Other quinoa needs no rinsing and only 10-15 minutes cooking in the 2 cups water. After cooking, let stand for 10 minutes then fluff with fork.
 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together chutney, lime juice, salt, and oil. Stir in  cooled quinoa, raisins, beans, bell pepper, onion, parsley, mint and black pepper. Toss to mix. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. 

I added  1/4 cup of  Dry Sherry   and  1/2 minced red pepper to the pot...   I  cooked on low for   about 6 hours....  last week  when our hostess  served this   she ahd added mushrooms which were very nice as well.  Be sure to serve  a nice  rustic  bread for sopping the sauce....

Today I am sharing on 

  Home Party@ Sandi's   Rose Chintz Cottage     
Tablescape Thursday
and   
Thursday Favorite Things

Home and Garden at  A Delightsome Life

HGTbtngrey photo HGTbtngrey-1_zps3305ec7e.jpg
 Home Sweet Home@The Charm of Home
Friday Blog Party

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful V-day! Lovely flowers and a yummy looking meal with someone special. Hope the surgery went well. Thanks for sharing your recipe, it looks wonderful. Visting from BNOP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like you had an amazingly lovely Valentine's Day! Such a lovely post. :) Thank you for sharing.

    Found you through Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Happy Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you and your sweetie enjoyed a lovely meal. I trust his surgery went well. I had both eyes done six years ago. What a difference it made! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. a wonderful celebration of your love.Sorry I'm late getting here...thank you for adding your wonderful blog to the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~