Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Time for Some Warming Refreshment

The rain just keeps coming down... the ground is completely saturated   from days  of a  steady drizzle and the creeks are a risin'!

When I went to Bible Study this morning I got rather  drenched  running back to the car and it chilled me to the bone.... 

Rain Model

Even though the colors of autumn  are   spreading across  the map,    it  really  makes  one feel   much more  cosy  to see the autumn colors   warming the   rooms of your home on these kind of days!
The gold and  russets   are  like  feather comforters    to the senses...
And as I  approach the  kitchen I am overwhelmed  with  the need for some pumpkin spice tea 
 and   pumpkin roll cake  which I just happen to have a bit of that left in the  fridge!
As I spy my  comfy  chair   in the parlor,  I know exactly where I  will take my repose.. 
 Oh, btw,  I  have been working on  my desk top  trying to  make everything fit   in an organized manner....
 and so here  we  go...
today  I  am choosing one of my Bed and Breakfast  collection mugs....  They are perfect for a  warming  afternoon refreshment...  this one    I   bought last year at the Woolverton Inn in  New Hope, PA.  My plate is Royal Stafford... my  autumn go to   pottery!
And I just happen to have a  stack of lovely    fall  catalogues and   my  Victoria Bliss  to   while away  with  as I  enjoy my afternoon  reverie!

Today  I'm sharing with 

Martha’s Favorites 
                                                            Share Your Cup Thursday

4 comments:

  1. Mmm, pumpkin spice, pumpkin chai tea, either are savoured this time of year. I actually had some Pumpkin Chai this afternoon. It's a favourite. I liked your analogy of autumn colours being like feather comforters to the senses! Your pumpkin roll looks wonderful and your home is looking very cozy.
    We are getting that rain beginning tomorrow afternoon and we're in for a lot of it. Not looking forward to that. Thank you for sharing with us and enjoy the rest of your week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about the pumpkin these days too. How I wish that Bigelow's Pumpkin Spice tea was available north of the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fall touches! Love the colors and the transferware. The pumpkin cake looks wonderful. You just can't celebrate the changing season into fall with out pumpkin! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect way to warm up after being caught in the rain! The colors of fall certainly are cozy. Hubby and I will be in New Hampshire next week. Hoping to see lots of Autumn color! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~