Monday, April 30, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather:::

A rather damp and dreary day, but one that I really could enjoy if I could just stay home and not have to go out... but alas, it seems something is always on the agenda....


On my reading pile:::

Joseph Prince book, Designed to Reign

Bible

Eric Metaxas book, Bonhoeffer


On my TV:::

Last night I enjoyed the Chopped All- Stars Competition....

Intending to rewatch the video Leap Year soon.... this rainy weather puts me in the mood for a good movie and popcorn


On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Leftover half sandwich from lunch and salad

Tuesday - stir-fried steak and veggies over rice

Wednesday - Church dinner

Thursday -

Friday -

Saturday -

Sunday -

Have to finish Menu Planning today, so not sure yet what the rest of the week looks like.



On my to do list:::

Funeral for a Friend at church
Laundry... a ton from our trip last week

organize my desk and office and do some organizing of the seasonal clothes

Sitting with a friend at hospital during her mom's surgery

National Day of Prayer Thursday greeter and prayer

Menu Planning/Grocery List


Looking around the house:::


Seeing lots of piles of things that need organizing, clothes that need to be stored and others brought out of storage and put away, I am hearing my sweetie outside mowing, and I hearing the marvelous piano jazz from my blog playing.... hoping to get into the mood to tackle a lot of the needs I am thinking about!!


From the camera:::






This is such an awesome book... so well written, enchanting and very inspiring life of a great Christian, and martyr for the Lord!


Something fun to share:::


I think this is a happy pastime... making home a hospitable place for guests... so along that line I found this fun site full of easy and helpful tips for making home a welcoming space...

http://thehappyhousewife.com/home-management/making-your-home-a-haven-for-guests/

Of course, you'll find much much more there as well.... always fun to go exploring!!!


On my prayer list:::


As I am working with our ladies prayer team at our church on our plans for the National Day of Prayer which is coming up on Thursday, I am burdened for our country and it's place in the world... our position with Israel, the state of our economy, the slippery slope we find our society on as it seems to be spiraling out of control, the coming election which in my mind is the most important one in which I have had the right and privilege to vote in.... our Christian principles on which our nation was founded .... many areas we have always taken for granted are at risk.... our schools, even our churches are failing us.... It is a time full of trials and our only hope is found at the foot of the Cross!

Bible verse, Devotional:::


1 Peter 5:7

Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.

2 comments:

  1. Such cheerful blues! We are getting some noise here and hoping some rain follows it! It has been so dry here. Your book looks like an excellent read. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Leap Year, it was a cute movie :)

    Hope you're having a great week, and by the way, that book you're reading sounds good, I've heard great things about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~