Monday, August 22, 2016

A Simple Woman Day Book


For Today~ August 22, 2016


Looking out my window... 

Yes.. the  cold front that  has passed   through is bringing  a break in the humidity and  there is a crispness in the air....  loving it!!!

I am thinking...
how very much is hinging on this coming election..
in MHO  we are desperate for a change!  Prayer is key!

I am thankful..
 for God's Word..
openBible-600x400

 especially, the Psalms like  Psalm 91.
So many promises  to rest  in!
Psalm 91
1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

I am wearing...
my yellow tee and  denim  shorts

I am watching.....
The Jesse Stone marathon....
Image result for jesse stone

I am  reading...
and still enjoying my  Journalling Bible..
and studying 2Timothy 
 Beth Moore is urging us to memorize the book of 2 Timothy...  and I can see why..   there are great truths  there    to  calm our spirit in times of trouble!


I am listening to...
Terry Macalmon Praise  cd...  especially  the song
How We Need the River... this song speaks to me so much because of a  special and personal revelation I had of God   in 2003.  When we get a  personalized revelation of God our spirit  is so renewed  and  refreshed  that  life  as  you understood before  is changed forever.

I am hoping... 
have  time to get out and walk  this week...  been putting it off for weeks due  to the weather.

I am learning...
be still and  know that  God is  there and  that He is GOD.. in other words ...  revel on His presence!

In the kitchen...
This week our Sunday School class is going to the lake on a  class picnic.. We always  grill  burger and dogs  and  bring side dishes and  desserts... Our class loves to   do desserts, so a few of us are determined to fill in the side dishes...  I  am making a large crock pot of baked beans..

 Image result for slow cooker baked beans




Ingredients 
1 cup barbeque sauce 
1cup ketchup 
1cup packed brown sugar 
2 teaspoons dry mustard 
3 (28 ounce) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed 
2 green bell peppers, diced 
2 large onions, diced 
8 ounces cooked ham, diced 
Directions 
Mix barbeque sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard together in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Stir beans, green bell pepper, onion, and ham into barbeque sauce mixture. 
Cook beans on high for 4-5 hours hours until thick. 

In my garden~
Well, I did report the last  couple of weeks that my  lovely garden by the  garage  was all a tangle...it has been so hot and rainy and humid,  I just couldnt face it...Well, I guarantee by this time next week it will look  so much better!!!

Board Room
shared from my pinterest board 

Want to escape city life? Muir Woods National Monument redwood forest, 20 min. north of SF.
Shared from my "I'll get There Someday" board
I heard today that  the travel agent  at our church who  got our Ireland trip together last year is planning a trip  out west  for next  summer..  which would include  the redwood forest!
Ever since I read  a wonderful book about  the mighty trees to my fourth graders I have  dreamed of  seeing these  giants  for myself.
drive-through redwood tree in the Mariposa Grove, Yosemite National Park, California.
pinterest
But I don't know.. Im still holding out for Scotland!!!
Shared Quote
Image result for quote on scotland

A moment from my day...


Loving the  cooling rain  with its promise of breaking the humidity in half!


Closing Notes
Thanks be to God...Amen!

2 comments:

  1. J posted my daybook post right after yours, so I decided to stop by for a visit. I enjoyed my visit here, especially reading through the scriptures. Have a nice week!
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice visiting you today from SWDB. Hope to see more of you in blogland! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~