Saturday, August 20, 2016

And I Didnt Have to Cook!


I'm joining in with Susanne of Living to Tell the Story to share my five favorite things in the past week.
1.  Last week  we were  so excited to finally  get our new window  treatments installed in our  bedroom... sometimes  it is so very difficult to wait  for 8 weeks for the fruition of a project and this was definitely one of those times..  love the  ambience   shutters  give a room~ so changeable!!
2.  On Wednesday we prayer sista's got together  to share about our lives...  and to discuss our next prayer  event...  wow, as we get closer to this election  it seems that the enemy is more and more active against us...  One has a broken leg...  I almost  broke my arm this week.. another gal has had  unusual   health issues but we will not be deterred..as we  pray these words from Isaiah...
"But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!"


Image result for no weapon formed against you shall prosper
3.  I love meeting with women from other  churches and denominations  to pray together.. and  we  did this Thursday  at the Concerned Women for America    group... 10 of  us met in Izzie's  living room to  share   information  that  we in turn  knew  that was  transpiring  abroad... and then we prayed...  oh,  such a sweet  fragrance of praise , thanksgiving, and    intercession... several of us then are priveleged to go out to lunch with our hostess, Izzie.. who   ever since she lost her  husband  has offered up her home   to groups  to  meet to  study  and pray  God's  Word..  She loves to dine out,  but  not alone... so  we  have such a great time of fellowship with her following our meetings!
Ruby Tuesday - Christiansburg, VA, United States
Best salad bar in town!
4.  On Thursday a huge group  from our  Sunday School class(18) and others from our church  met at  Firehouse subs  for fellowship..
Image result for firehouse subs
The ice cold pickles are the best!
 then we traveled on to another   church nearby  for a special  teaching on  the prophetic...things  happening now across the world that demonstrates  the end of the age...our  teacher has  studied  Hebrew and    followed  the Middle East  and  Biblical prophecy and history  for  45 years ... fascinating...  and  exciting  but   our work is so  daunting..  we must be shining the light of God in this dark  world and sharing  His message of love to our  lost loved ones and friends... time is short.
5.  Last night  was  our CEO meeting.. Cousins Eating Out.
 My husband had lost touch with his  girl cousins over the years..they were the only family he actually had left.. but when Marnee moved  back to town last year.. she activated  everyone   and now we meet once a month at a different restaurant in town... 
Last night's special  was  
 We have a blast... and it is so  precious to see Hubs so happy  engaging  in this  new found  sense of family and  the spirit   of love  that is growing  within him...




4 comments:

  1. The acronym CEO! That is really neat that you meet regularly! I love shutters in the windows and hope to have them one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the CEO meetings! I wish my cousins (or any family) lived closer...
    Beautiful shutters on the windows--it's great to be able to control the amount of light in the room.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a joy to join together with other women for prayer! I have a long-time prayer partner, and even though we live in different states now, we still pray together once a week---we just do it on the phone now.

    Cousins Eating Out---what a grand idea. As the historian/genealogist of my family, I think it is fantastic when family members reconnect.

    I have never been to Firehouse Subs, but I am taking your word that they have the best salad bar in town. I think I will go there one of these days soon.

    Blessings,
    Patti, visiting from FFF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops i can see my post isnt very clear.. i was referring to item #3... And I forgot to mention the salad was at Ruby Tuesday
      .. Now Firehouse Subs do have amazing subs... So fresh.. And the white bread actually melts in your mouth.

      I did not want to lead you astray.

      Delete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~