I'm joining in with Susanne of Living to Tell the Story to share my five favorite things in the past week.
1. Last week we were so excited to finally get our new window treatments installed in our bedroom... sometimes it is so very difficult to wait for 8 weeks for the fruition of a project and this was definitely one of those times.. love the ambience shutters give a room~ so changeable!!
2. On Wednesday we prayer sista's got together to share about our lives... and to discuss our next prayer event... wow, as we get closer to this election it seems that the enemy is more and more active against us... One has a broken leg... I almost broke my arm this week.. another gal has had unusual health issues but we will not be deterred..as we pray these words from Isaiah..."But in that coming day no weapon turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you. These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!"
3. I love meeting with women from other churches and denominations to pray together.. and we did this Thursday at the Concerned Women for America group... 10 of us met in Izzie's living room to share information that we in turn knew that was transpiring abroad... and then we prayed... oh, such a sweet fragrance of praise , thanksgiving, and intercession... several of us then are priveleged to go out to lunch with our hostess, Izzie.. who ever since she lost her husband has offered up her home to groups to meet to study and pray God's Word.. She loves to dine out, but not alone... so we have such a great time of fellowship with her following our meetings!
Best salad bar in town!
4. On Thursday a huge group from our Sunday School class(18) and others from our church met at Firehouse subs for fellowship..
The ice cold pickles are the best!
then we traveled on to another church nearby for a special teaching on the prophetic...things happening now across the world that demonstrates the end of the age...our teacher has studied Hebrew and followed the Middle East and Biblical prophecy and history for 45 years ... fascinating... and exciting but our work is so daunting.. we must be shining the light of God in this dark world and sharing His message of love to our lost loved ones and friends... time is short.
5. Last night was our CEO meeting.. Cousins Eating Out.
My husband had lost touch with his girl cousins over the years..they were the only family he actually had left.. but when Marnee moved back to town last year.. she activated everyone and now we meet once a month at a different restaurant in town...
Last night's special was
We have a blast... and it is so precious to see Hubs so happy engaging in this new found sense of family and the spirit of love that is growing within him...