Thursday, August 4, 2016

Harvest Time is Right Around the Corner

(Pinterest)
In my last post I shared how  I got inspired by the latest Victoria Bliss edition...
It was then I started noticing  things around my world that were signaling harvest time...
  the  mums are blooming!
and  housewives are  sharing their  canning photos...

My cousin, Patti's,  gorgeous   harvest~
So  I dont feel too out of sync  with my new  table scape..  besides it  makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!
I just love  blue transfer ware.. especially the  English pastoral  designs..  as seen here on pinterest.
Today I created my own  harvest  table scape  that has been mulling about in my imagination this week..
 My harvest arrangement is  elevated on a  pedestal  covered with  burlap... the  container  is decorated with  sheaves of wheat....  I went straight to my  storage box with the sunflowers  since they were my original  inspiration.....there I also found the harvest items..  stemmed  fruit and  veggies,  as well as other  early  autumn  flowers!
 whatever the angle I love how the blue pops in the  china pieces.. which is  my mix and match blue transferware  that I have collected for some years now...  That is one of my favorite  things to  shop for in antique and consignment shops~
I particualarly love the castle  designs....

This actually the first time  I believe ever that I elevated the centerpiece....  I like it very much! 
especially when I have the appropriate items to  align aorund the  base. 


I  think it  is a very  lovely  complication  and  one  we will enjoy   for this rest of  the summer....
besides I am so ready for autumn.... 
 And  so it all began with  fresh sunflowers and  alas,  today is probably their last day.. but an appropriate  way to end   this post!



6 comments:

  1. Lovely table. Your dishes looking amazing against the tablecloth. I love the way you have placed the runner and with the gorgeous centerpiece it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Schotzy:
    Now that is sure inspiring. I saw all the fall stuff at Hobby Lobby and thought "not ready" but your post is getting me closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am NOT ready for fall stuff yet even though it's pretty. I am still waiting for some of my cosmos to bloom in my flower garden
    I am going to go find that copy of Victorian Bliss. I have those same cups and saucers on the cover

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice I can think harvest time becasue it is so hot and dry folks are bringing it in here...and I love the colors.. but I did refuse to put any falling leaves in my arrangement.... I drew the line there!~~

      Delete
    2. Janice I can think harvest time becasue it is so hot and dry folks are bringing it in here...and I love the colors.. but I did refuse to put any falling leaves in my arrangement.... I drew the line there!~~

      Delete
  4. I am often inspired by Victoria Magazine! I love to see the gorgeous destinations and beautiful tables they photograph. Beautiful table you have created! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~