Monday, August 8, 2016

The Simple Woman Day Book


For Today~ August 8, 2016




Looking out my window... 
very wet and chill today....  good day to  just  take it easy....

I am thinking.
I am so glad I purchased my new journalling Bible yesterday...
I will spend time with it today for sure!
' The Inspire Bible is a single-column, wide-margin New Living Translation Bible that will be a cherished resource for coloring and creative art journaling. It is the first Bible of its kind―with over 400 beautiful line-art illustrations spread throughout the Bible. Full-page and partial-page Scripture art is attractively displayed throughout the Bible, and the illustrations can be colored in to make each Bible unique, colorful, and customizable. Every page of Scripture has two-inch-wide margins, with either Scripture line-art or ruled space for writing notes and reflections, or to draw and create. The generous 8.65-point font ensures optimal readability, and quality cream Bible paper is great for creative art journaling.'

I am thankful..
for  finding this  Bible on sale yesterday.. ever since I first saw it  last year,  I have thought I would love that to reflect on GOd's Word in a creative way and  thus  be more  able to  store it in my  heart..We are doing the Psalms in church this summer.. and no better place to start .... loving it!!!

I am wearing...
loungewear...  probably wont get dressed today!!

I am watching...still enjoying the Great British Baking  Competition..  what they create is  beyond  comprehension..
Image result for great british bake off series 7
For example, this gorgeous merengue cake...  made  with  several kinds of merengue and filled with  fruited  cream!

I am  reading...
My new Inspire Bible...I must  say  I was a bit concerned about the NLT, but it actually is so much improved over the Living Bible. And I enjoy reading various  trnslations!

I am listening to...
the rain  hitting the window....

I am hoping... 
that my  order from Serengeti arrives  soon...  I am anxious to see the new  jacket and skirt I ordered to  wear  to  Dooble Bug's  dedication!

I am learning...
to bring every thought captive  to the Lord  and allow Him to transform my mnd....  that is  after the battlefield of the soul. 

In the kitchen...
I am on  a journey  online and  through mom's cookbooks to find  Grandma's  apple sauce cake recipe....I want to  bake it to take to our Sunday School class  refreshments  day  in September....

In my garden~
soggy mess....  and  all a tangle with  weeds and  vines...  the vinca vine has taken over   my flower bed,  along with the  morning glories...

Board Room
shared from my pinterest board 
If I cant find her recipe  I might find something here!

Mom's Best Apple Cake:
pinterest


Shared Quote

A moment from my day...



Later  I am creating a page for my favorite passage, Psalm 42... 

Closing Notes
Psalm 42

As a deer pants for flowing streams,

so pants my soul for you, O God.

My soul thirsts for God,

for the living God.

When shall I come and appear before God?

My tears have been my food

day and night,

while they say to me all the day long,

“Where is your God?”

These things I remember,

as I pour out my soul:

how I would go with the throng

and lead them in procession to the house of God

with glad shouts and songs of praise,

a multitude keeping festival.

Why are you cast down, O my soul,

and why are you in turmoil within me?

Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,

my salvation and my God.

My soul is cast down within me;

therefore I remember you

from the land of Jordan and of Hermon,

from Mount Mizar.

Deep calls to deep


at the roar of your waterfalls;

all your breakers and your waves

have gone over me.

By day the Lord commands his steadfast love,

and at night his song is with me,

a prayer to the God of my life.

I say to God, my rock:

“Why have you forgotten me?

Why do I go mourning

because of the oppression of the enemy?”


As with a deadly wound in my bones,

my adversaries taunt me,

while they say to me all the day long,

“Where is your God?”

Why are you cast down, O my soul,

and why are you in turmoil within me?

Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,

my salvation and my God.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen that Bible edition before. Immediately, I can think of three or four friends that would love it. I will have to poke around for it.


    Visiting from SWD. Mine's up at Practically at Home.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~