1. Are you watching the Olympics? Your favorite summer Olympic event? I read recently a list of the most iconic Olympic moments in history...what stands out in your mind as a great moment from some past summer Olympic games?
I have lost interest in the summer Olympic games,, especially at this venue.... I think it is particularly shameful how disgusting the environs (water) is around the arena, not to mention the zika problem.. and actually these events are such a waste of money in communities that can't even care for their own problems.. I think of the tons of money that went into Sarajevo to build the Olympic village and how it sits in ruins today.
2. Have you ever been to Rio? How about the place that started it all-Greece? Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Is that something you'd like to do? Have you ever met an Olympian in person?
I have not been to Rio, although I had a pen pal from there in Junior High through my Spanish club... I was very entranced by Rio at that time.. I was living in Germany in 1972 at the time of the horrible Olympic uprising where several athletes were killed. I don't care to go to huge events where there are so many people... Not when I have the best seat of the house in front of my TV. I do not know an Olympian.,. although my cousin's young son just missed the swim team in the last summer season.
3. The ball's in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one's depth (swimming)...which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Explain.
Well, the one that spoke the most to me was "cross the finish line"... as I see my life as a mighty long distance race. Acts 20:24 says, "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace." The Bible goes on in 2Tim. 4:7 to say, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful." That is my life's goal!
4. What have you earned a 'gold medal' in recently?
To hear my daughter and grand daughter say, 'I love you'!
5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy?
Well, I can't say I'm doing that great... which I always blame on bad genes... Everyone in my family was overweight... and I was never that athletic as a youngster to ward it off.... but what I do in trying to eat well, and keep moving.. is to be there for my grandchildren...of course!
6. Are you young at heart or an old soul? Explain.
I think I am young at heart.. at 66 even though many times my body is weak, in my mind I am still 25... I have a good sense of humor... and I think young thoughts... I am playful and spirited... even though my daughter sometimes tells me.. " stop acting old..." That's OK.. she still has good knees!!!
7. It's National S'mores Day (August 10th)...are you a fan? Will you celebrate with a s'more today?
S'mores surely do bring back great memories.. and I do love mine... nice and toasty, almost burnt, and so melted and hot inside... yum!!
But, alas, no... my s'mores days are over... well, maybe if I'm in the room with one Id take it, but Id never instigate the making of them again!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Anyone who reads this please agree in prayer with me that the virus that I was close to over the weekend and I think may be trying to needle me... will not take affect on me , but will be vanquished in the name of Jesus who said," By my stripes you
are healed".. I have some pretty important business to take care of this week!!!