Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wednesday Hodge Podge



1. Are you watching the Olympics? Your favorite summer Olympic event? I read recently a list of the most iconic Olympic moments in history...what stands out in your mind as a great moment from some past summer Olympic games?
I have lost interest in the summer Olympic games,, especially at this venue....  I think it is particularly shameful how disgusting the  environs (water) is around the arena, not to mention the zika  problem.. and actually  these events are such a waste of  money in communities that can't even   care for their own  problems.. I think of the tons of money that went into Sarajevo  to build the Olympic village and how it sits in ruins today. 

2. Have you ever been to Rio? How about the place that started it all-Greece? Have you ever been to any of the Olympic Games in person? Is that something you'd like to do? Have you ever met an Olympian in person?
I have not been to Rio, although I had a pen pal from there in Junior High through my Spanish club... I was very  entranced by Rio at that time.. I was living in Germany  in 1972 at the time  of the horrible Olympic uprising where several athletes were killed.  I don't care to  go to huge events where  there are so many people... Not when I have the best seat of the house in front of my TV.   I do not know an Olympian.,. although my cousin's young son just missed the swim team in the last summer season.

3. The ball's in their court (tennis), cross the finish line (track and field), on target (archery), make a splash (diving), on a roll (gymnastics), out of one's depth (swimming)...which Olympic-related idiom best applies to your life right now? Explain.
 Well, the one that spoke the most to me was   "cross the finish line"...  as  I see my  life as  a mighty long distance race. Acts 20:24  says, "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace." The Bible goes on in 2Tim. 4:7 to say, I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful."  That is my life's goal!

4. What have you earned a 'gold medal' in recently?
To hear my daughter and grand daughter say, 'I love you'!

5. What is it (or who is it) that motivates you to eat right, exercise, and do what you can to be healthy?
Well, I can't say I'm doing that great...  which I always blame on bad genes...  Everyone in my  family was  overweight...  and I was never  that athletic as a youngster  to  ward it off....  but what I do in trying to eat well, and  keep moving..  is  to be there for my grandchildren...of course! 

6. Are you young at heart or an old soul? Explain.
I think I am young at heart.. at 66 even though  many times my body is weak, in my mind I am still 25... I  have a good sense of humor... and I think young thoughts...  I am playful and  spirited... even though my daughter sometimes tells me.. " stop acting old..."  That's OK.. she still has good knees!!! 

7. It's National S'mores Day (August 10th)...are you a fan? Will you celebrate with a s'more today?
S'mores surely do bring back great memories.. and I do love mine... nice and  toasty, almost burnt, and  so  melted and hot inside... yum!!  
Image result for s'mores
But, alas, no... my s'mores days are over... well, maybe if I'm in the room with one Id take it, but Id never instigate the making of them again!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
Image result for prayer
Anyone who reads this please agree in prayer with me that  the virus that I was  close to  over the weekend and I think may  be trying to needle me...  will not take affect on me , but will be vanquished in the name of  Jesus  who said," By my stripes you 
are healed"..  I have some pretty important business to take care of  this week!!!

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your answer on number 1 and like your answer to number 3. Pretty daughter and granddaughter. May the hand of the good Lord be upon you for healing and strength so you can do all that is required of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter and granddaughter are so cute! I do hope you're feeling well enough to get all your tasks completed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finishing the race well is a good goal for sure. May God heal you completely from this nasty virus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, I too, agree with you on #3. Such cute Grans and praying with you that the virus escapes you and you can be about your business.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~