Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August's Last Week in Blue


Okay, here we go...click the icon to return to Joyce's page!
1. Are there any men or women in blue on your family tree?I can't think of  any police men or women in my family... but  my uncle  was an FBI agent in the DC area then  served in a couple of southern statesbefore he retired several years ago.

2. Are you someone who suffers from the Sunday night blues? What helps you get over it?

 I used to be while I was working.  I didnt want to  go to Sunday night church because that just made the weekend seem to pass that much more quickly..facing 30 third  or fourth graders on any given Monday morning  can be daunting.. We  would love to take a long ride or  picnic on Sundays   to make the day that much more special.  I never saved  papers to grade for Sunday night...  that would  have been  criminal.

3. I read the color blue is an appetite suppressant since there are very few naturally blue foods out there. How do you feel about blue cheese? Love it or blech? If you're a fan, what's something you like that's made with blue cheese?
 I love bleu cheese...  exspecially when it is homemade  with real  chunky  cheese.. I have this fabulous recipe to share  that  is especially wonderful  in  autumn when the apples are coming in..

Three-Cheese Walnut Spread
Ingredients: 
1/2 
cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted 
package (8 ounces) cream cheese 
1/2 
cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese 
1/2 
cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese 
1/8 
teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper 
tablespoon snipped fresh parsley 

Apple wedges, pear wedges or assorted crackers (optional) 
I use a smallish  ceramic fluted quiche dish
Directions: 
1. 
Preheat oven to 350°F. Place walnuts in a Baker. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly toasted. 
2. 
Meanwhile, in Bowl, microwave cream cheese on HIGH 1 minute or until softened. Add blue cheese, mozzarella cheese and black pepper; mix well. 
3. 
Remove baker from oven to Cooling Rack. Carefully pour walnuts into cheese mixture; mix well. Spoon cheese mixture back into baker, spreading evenly. 
4. 
Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Garnish with parsley. Place baker on serving platter; surround with apple or pear wedges or assorted crackers, if desired. Serve spread using Spreader. 
Yield: 16 servings 

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons spread): Calories 90, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 115 mg, Fiber 0 g 

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003 

4. We can't head in to the Labor Day weekend without a related question, can we? Complete this thought: I work best when__my whole heart is in it... and I see  the benefit  .. how it helps someone or if it is for a good cause.  Why I enjoyed teaching for 30 years.

5. 'Everything yields to diligence.' Antiphanes Your thoughts? (on this particular quote or on diligence in general)
Absolutely,  I speak form experience...  when I lose diligence in performing  any task,  that task  usually is left undone.. for example, when it comes to crafts.. unfortunately,  I can  often give it up  about mid way through..  I lose interest in  it.. like knitting or  crocheting  a large project.. 

6. The National Park Service turned 100 years old on August 25th. Have you been to many of America's National Parks? If so share with us a favorite or two. Which National Park would you most like to visit before the next birthday rolls around?  I was a Virginia History teacher so I  was drawn to the  historical parks... like Colonial  National Historical Park  in eastern Virginia, Harper's Ferry National Park, and Appomattox Court House Historical National Park.  I  really doubt I will be taking in a National park anytime soon but I would love to  do this!

7. Bid farewell to August in seven words or less.
August ...bye!

8. Insert your own random thought here.
My next couple of weeks are sure to be sublime  more about them later!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I liked how you answered # 4 and # 5!
    I had a learning disability, I can not tell you how thankful I am for the teacher who took time to notice and help me.
    Have a great weekend,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~